How to re-proportion my 40 chevy truck....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antihuman81

How to re-proportion my 40 chevy truck....? LOTS of pics.

Well guys and gals, I'm inspirationally stuck? I have a roller 40 chevy that I've built, its getting alot re-done though. I used this as a learning experience of how and what to do and not to do. So here goes, this is what I got right now.
024.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

This is an old side shot befor the cab was mounted
00027.jpg

Now for plans, 4 inch chop, fenders ( stupid laws ), and re-proportion it when I completely re-do the entire suspension from scratch ( AGAIN).

Last edited:
Photochopped Inspiration

022choppedcopy-1.jpg

024choppedcopy-1.jpg

Photochopped Re-proportion idea
re-proportionidearearstretchcutout.jpg

Feel free to use this pic and photochop and post some ideas guys. I'm thinking cycle fenders mounted off of the caliper brackets up front and some trailer fenders mounted similar in the back with space between the fender and bed for articulation or just finding some type of fender that will cover some wiiiiiide tires (maybe not Bonehead wide, but wide). I will eventually skin the bed after I figure out if its getting a bit longer or not. The bed will be dropped so the top roll matches the body line on the cab.

Thanks in Advance for any help or ideas or anything!

Eddie

The radiator will be stood up when the bed is dropped, and the keg is probably going bye bye, going to most likely use a custom tank. The corners of the bed are angled and 64 Impala taillights turned on their side fit great, going to put a regular light on top and a reverse on the bottom. Exhuast will be lake headers, with the dump hopefully running out of site to a muffler near the rear and a couple pipes tucked under the bed kinda out of site.

I think you've got it right on target. The profile photo chop and left rear 3/4 photo chop look great (the last ones).

If you can make it happen it's going to be killer! Keep us posted. (with pix)

I just hope that I don't actually have to run fenders on it, I dont mind a cycle fender up front just to keep the windshield from getting pelted as bad, but If I go wide tires out back its going to be a royal pain to get it to look anywhere close to decent. Thinking of narrowing the bed some so the wide tires dont stick out soooooo far from the body.

Since you don't have a radiator to work around, who says it even has to be a grill? You can stick anything up there as a 'deflector'. The sky's the limit (as long as it looks good).

Maybe something short so you don't lose that 'no radiator' look. Just start setting things on it and see what it looks like.

I seen this in Australia, so here's something to consider for fenders.

The guy took a molding of his tire treads, made fiberglass MC fenders from the molds, painted them flat black. When I first looked at the car I didn't notice the fenders because the tire tread pattern blended right in with the tires. Cool idea.

yeah shorten the wheel base. makes it look much better.

I dont like suicide front ends on fenderless trucks. For me it makes the proportions look way off.

Latest posts

Back