How to re-proportion my 40 chevy truck....?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you don't have a radiator to work around, who says it even has to be a grill? You can stick anything up there as a 'deflector'. The sky's the limit (as long as it looks good).

Maybe something short so you don't lose that 'no radiator' look. Just start setting things on it and see what it looks like.

Why don't you stick a tank up front like the drag cars? Split it, and use it for a tool box or something.

If I do put a grille up front there will be a radiator up there too, I do like the tank up front idea, I had thought about that and actually using it as a fuel tank, but then I wouldnt be able to go anywhere, this motor got 6mpg in the nova I had it in being easy on it...

im almost certain that stock rear fenders will be toooooooo looooooooooong for the short bed on this, any ideas? I want to keep a short bed, I will probably make it a bit longer than it is, but no where near long enough for the factory fenders, they are HUGE.

How about a rear fender something like this:
1920-1929-ford-trucks-12.jpg

or this:
1920-1929-ford-trucks-19.jpg

Mount the fenders to the axle in the rear too, maybe?

Do you know if you need fenders and what they must cover?

How about a rear fender something like this:
1920-1929-ford-trucks-12.jpg

or this:
1920-1929-ford-trucks-19.jpg

Mount the fenders to the axle in the rear too, maybe?

Do you know if you need fenders and what they must cover?

I havent found out for sure if I need them if I run it as an antique, but for daily use yes.

They have to cover the width of the tread and 15deg. forward of the centerline of the wheel and 75deg. back.

I have thought about mounting them to the rear axle and using something like this, but I dont know how the gap between the fender and bed will look, may be really goofy.

12641_lg.jpg

or

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSHB&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

Latest posts

Back