How to start a new year

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket49

I have to share my New Year's Day experience with the clan....

My son got a new bike for Christmas so I figured I'd adjust the front brake, right? It has a disc brake on front - not the old traditional pads. So I was going to turn the bike upside down to work on it. I grabbed the front fork where I would normally grab it on a bike w/ the conventional pads and proceeded to turn the bike over. The front wheel was spinning a little, but not real fast - no big deal, right? So I thought also - but I was wrong. Apparently, the index finger on my left hand got wedged in one of the RAZOR SHARP slots in the disc. HOLY MOTHER OF PAIN !!!!!!! Next thing I know, I'm in excruciating pain, rolling around like a tumbleweed in West Texas with a blood sprinkler painting the inside of my house.

My wife hauls me to a little local minor emergency clinic. I had cut through the finger nail all the way through the finger bone, fractured the end of my finger bone and had about 3/8" of skin holding on the end of my finger. I got a tetnus shot in my arm, the "antibiotic shot from hell" in my butt, about 5 shots of deadening in my finger, the doctor ripped off my fingernail and it took 10 stitches to sew my finger back on..... A great way to start the year - plus I missed the Rose Bowl....

So if you happen to notice my "quote" down below the attached photo on my signature line - I can definitely answer that - YES, it is painful...... Hope your day was better.

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 22
can totally relate! a few years ago, while working on a window regulator from a car door, the thing unloads the clock spring and cuts thru my ring finger on right hand..same story - thru nail, thru bone, etc. but not totally off

from bottom of my heart i say i feel for ya & it takes a while to get over
such a sad way to start a new year!:(

Sorry about that. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but you wouldn't happen to have any video of your "pain dance" would you?:D

I always say it's never good when you can see your own bones. I've done it three times now. It hurts.

Yeah, not one of my brighter moves. It's laughable.... Preacher, your experience sounds worse.

Wish I had that dance video - would be more like the old "gator move" we did as teenagers at the dance halls.

Sure is hard to type on this keyboard.

Sure is hard to type on this keyboard.

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you haven't had to wipe yer butt yet!! :eek: All things considered, the one finger hunt and peck method of typing would be easier. Not making light of your pain, I really do feel for you, been there a few times myself. Take care. Sniper

Ark, I hope I don't spend the year doing that!! It was just a Huffy bike....

Sniper, I guess I can coax my wife to do the chore - but I can barely get her to bring me a beer, so I'm probably out of luck on that one !

Sniper, I guess I can coax my wife to do the chore - but I can barely get her to bring me a beer, so I'm probably out of luck on that one !

Easy - Just tape toilet paper to her shoes and really p**s her off! :D

I've made that kind of mistake too. At least your finding the humor in all of it.

Sorry to hear you circumsized yer finger, Bucket..... I'm an auto glass installer and have had my share of lacerations to say the least.

By the way, how's his bike stop ?

I worked over a big toe like that several years back. The nail bed never did heal right. I hope your finger heals good. Take care of it, or you may not be able to pick your nose.

Sixtall, I think the bike stops great now. When I dropped it on the floor after hacking myself, it apparently bent something just right - now it stops on a dime.....!

From all the comments, sounds like I ain't the only one who has the occasional brain fart!!! Haw, Haw, Haw!! :p

Stay safe guys - don't want to meet you in the emergency room.

Latest posts

Back