How to tittle my truck in oklahoma?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@Rod

OK I built my 39/40 this spring but i am still looking to tittle it here in oklahoma i DO have a plate that came off pass. side of firewall. has anyone had any experiance with this in oklahoma? or should i just purchase a "historical document" somewhere? As stated earlier i am in OKLAHOMA so any other info for other states probably wont be much help. Thanks in advance.

Try this site, although I found the info for S.D. lacking

http://www.dmv.org/vehicle-registration.php

I reccomend just going to the local DMV and ask them. Use generic terms if possible, something like "if I drag an old truck in from a ravine to make a hot rod what would the titleing proceedure be? I just want to know before I start so I know what I'm getting into"
Now you should have them on your side and they won't look at you like a car hacking felon. Also this is a very smart thing to do BEFORE you have a bunch of time and money invested in the vehicle.

Definatley check in with your county treasurer...In KS, all you need for a pre 1949 vehicle in a bill of sale, it does NOT have to be notarized, and there is NOT a VIN check.

It's a very simple process, but the down side .... anyone could swipe a body from behind my shop, ( or yours, or anyone's) stamp a number on it (which won't even be checked), write up their own bill of sale, and title it in their name.

I have been trying to get a title for my 50f1 for the past year. I had buddy do a labor lien. I should have mine in a couple of weeks. That's the fastest way to get it done in OK. Took 3 months for the paper work to go thru.

I'm sure most of you guys have heard this story in some version. Guy buys car, spends a few years and lots of $$ fixing it up, goes in to start the titling proceedure which begins with a # search. Car has a last registered owner who needs notified as part of the process. A few days later last owner shows up with title and slideback wrecker and takes his car, legally.

Latest posts

Back