Howdy from the Arizona desert

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmath

Hey all! Name is Travis. Ive been lurking around here for a few weeks and finally decided to join. I dont currently have anything thats getting a rat rod build, but I do have a late model GMC truck that has some work done.

I have been wanting to get into the rat rod scene for about a year now. Really wanting to build a early 50's chevy truck that I can drive around whenever and have a blast. Dream plans would be bag'd for comfort and ease of driving it on the street over a static drop, trubo LS motor with a 4L80e behind it and a pretty comfortable interior that my daughter can ride along in and have a blast.

Looking forward to learning about some of the fab that goes into these beasts and getting to know yall.

Welcome to the RRR!!!

Nice to have you.....got some late model truck stuff going myself...slow but going....we'll be watching....[P

Its a 96 gmc full size..

What kind of truck do you have and whats done to it?

click the build link at the bottom of the post..it'll take you there....I should have done a better job of putting things in order....Chopped top, bucketed lower control arms, c notch and axle flip..383 storker motor 400 trans...and misc other stuff....screwed up my knee on the job and was not able to work on it for a long while....just getting back to it....

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if you noticed in the rules, but all new members from desert States have to send me a rust free Model a or Model t body.:D Just part of the initiation and I have no control over it. :rolleyes:

I'll send you my address.

Don

click the build link at the bottom of the post..it'll take you there....I should have done a better job of putting things in order....Chopped top, bucketed lower control arms, c notch and axle flip..383 storker motor 400 trans...and misc other stuff....screwed up my knee on the job and was not able to work on it for a long while....just getting back to it....

Looks pretty good. Never really thought of using such a late model truck for a rat.

A late welcome to RRR! Any pics of the GMC project?

Yeah I will try and dig some up for you. Its nothing real spectacular, stockish 5.3 with some exterior mods. [ddd

Latest posts

Back