Howdy, new guy here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rehoward

Hi all,

I am considering building a retro-rod or rat-rod based on a Buick straight 8 engine. Not exactly sure what it will look like but probably something similar to Brian Thomas's car except with a pickup body. Hope to glean some good advice and tips here. Thanks.

Randy

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

Sorry about the other post...sometimes I just can't help myself.....:D...
Welcome to the RRR.....

Hi all,

I am considering building a retro-rod or rat-rod based on a Buick straight 8 engine. Not exactly sure what it will look like but probably something similar to Brian Thomas's car except with a pickup body. Hope to glean some good advice and tips here. Thanks.

Randy
Welcome randy! Looking forward to seeing a build! At least you have a plan. Some of us never planned to be here.... Just happened :D

Sorry about the other post...sometimes I just can't help myself.....:D...
Welcome to the RRR.....
Now I wanna know what the other post was [S :cool:

He posted a who built it thread....I being the

Welcome randy! Looking forward to seeing a build! At least you have a plan. Some of us never planned to be here.... Just happened :D

Now I wanna know what the other post was [S :cool:

typical smarta$$ told him ITW...the lettering on the RR....so I was just letting him know I didn't want to offend the new guy...lol....like I said, I can't help myself sometimes..... :D

typical smarta$$ told him ITW...the lettering on the RR....so I was just letting him know I didn't want to offend the new guy...lol....like I said, I can't help myself sometimes..... :D

Smarta$$? Sargent? NO WAY?! That can't be! :D

It's okay, every forum has one..... Despite weather they need one or not :D

Good luck on your venture rehoward.

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I dug a '51 Buick out of the bush a couple of years ago for a friend. He is going to put two turbochargers on it and stuff it into a Model A sedan. This was not the big 8 at 320 ci. it was about 175 ci. somewhere in there, so it looks like it won't be too bad to stuff in an ordinary engine compartment.
Keep on tinkering.

Latest posts

Back