I am new here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winr

Hey yall, Richard here.

I live in Friendswood, Texas.

I have a 1965 Ford F-100 short wheel base truck my Uncle bought new.
I bought it from Him over 30 years ago.

It is my daily driver.

I was in Kemah, Texas last year where they have a large vehicle gathering in the warmer weeks.

I was talking to a guy about his car and he pointed to my truck and said " cool rat rod".
He didnt know it belonged to me, lol.

I had never heard that expression, I thought my truck was just a beater, heh.

Regards.

Richard.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_3428.JPG
    Copy of IMG_3428.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to the forum. Whatever you chose to call it, the truck is cool. :D Looks like you won't be getting rid of it any time soon either.

Don

Good looking truck, I have always liked that body style. That is actually what is under my hotrod, my donor truck was a 61. But the cab was shot.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome!!!

Richard,
Welcome Texican!!! Love those old Ford trucks & glad u found out u're beater was *really* a rat rod!!! ; - > You said u showed u're car in one of the warmer weeks... when would that be?!?! ;););) Really kool that u've owned it for that long. Let us see some more pictures please!!!

BoB

Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

A few more pics.

Tripper, I cant remember what month I went to Kemah.

It was at a large strip center, there is a Target in the middle of the lot.

It was at 518 and I think 146.

Richard.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_5502.JPG
    Copy of IMG_5502.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3426.JPG
    IMG_3426.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Welcome to RRR.
Glad you found us here.
I'm not a Ford fan, but I respect the family history..Very cool.

You got any plans to beef it up any or just beat on it some more?

Welcome to the forum. Tho not a Ford fan, I've always liked that body style & the history that goes with it is so cool.

Upgrades

dmw56, that is neat you have the 54 Studebaker instead of it maybe rusting away somewhere.
Do you have pics ??

FlatBroke, I have a .030 over 390 block, 428 crank and a set of .030 over 390 truck pistons with 1.688 comp. height, I should get the pistons close to .004 deck height, 416 cubes.

I just bought a 1977 F-150 to pull the disk brakes and power steering box off of and I already have a C-6 trans, front(1976 F-150) and rear(1975 F-350) sway bars.

I also found a combo AC/heater box that is around the same size as the units they put in 1965 Mustangs, it doesnt have registers though, just 4 short tubes angled slightly upwards.
I am going to mount it on the passenger side after removing my glove box and run some sort of ducting.

Now I need to start working on it, lol.

Richard.

Latest posts

Back