i am not much of a joiner....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatheadgary

but i must say i like this site. the cars are cool and the people are the same. i don't build very many street cars, mostly drag cars. i have been known to build just about anything though. i have had this idea for awhile now, about building a '40 willys truck cab out of a vw body and a '50 chevy cab. i saw this in a model car book and figured, i could use the rest of the cab for that. what i was wanting to ask is would you kick me out of the club if i didn't leave the rust and painted it instead. i have a real dislike for welding and working on rusted parts.
IMG_0001-10.jpg

Last edited:
I think that would be great. I'd love to see you build it. Just make sure if you do you take tons of pictures and keep us posted.

Very cool...

That looks like a very cool project, the only catch to playing here is lots of photos. ;)
Rust is not a requirement.
My car started rusty and greasy and is slowly moving in the direction of paint and
:eek: dare I say this, CHROME :rolleyes: '22

Did 22 say chrome??? might be the first time that word has been used around these parts.:D Paint, chrome, who cares paint and chrome away. Just make sure to post lots of pix.

Model?

Hard to believe there's a model of a rat rod. I really like the blue one, that would make a really cool truck! Can you really buy one of those?

ISore

Welcome!!!

Flathead,
Nearly anything goes around here except... magic carpets!!! We can't stand 'um & don't allow 'um!!! ; - >

I love the blue one too... looks pretty kool & I'd love 1 of those models! Who makes 'um?

BoB

This is more of a "do what you want to" site. We draw the line on safety issues, but but if you can make it out of a car, ( or into a car) we want to see it. Welcome to the site.

I like the rust ,but I like paint too,Its hard to airbrush over rust with any good rezults.
Hea,if your into models then you've got to check out this sight....

http;//www.showrods.com/home_page_links/gallery.html

Theres some cool stuff to get ideas from on that sight.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies guys. the picture is a drawing in the model book. it could surely be built as real. which is what i am going to do!! i build my own frames and just about everything else i can to keep the cost down. i may not be able to get to it for awhile though. i think i have to get a job this year. i am tired of being broke since i retired 4 years ago. well, see you around the club house. later gary

Latest posts

Back