I Fell In Love !!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

While surfing the net, I ran into the following picture. I am nuts about this truck, and am pretty sure I am going to paint the '39 Dodge a lot like it. This thing just does it for me. :D:D

Don

Wedding bells !!! And I thought you LIKED me !!! :D:D:D:D

Let me try again. Oh, it was too big to insert. Should go now.

Don

Attachments

• truck i really like.jpg
    truck i really like.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 90
Yep Don. I'd have to agree that that truck is cool and so is the color. I don't know what brand of paint you use Don but if you go to the paint store and ask to see the PPG "fleet" color chart, you'll be surprised at the array of color choices that are available there. I would guess that you could find a similar color on that chart and then add a flattening agent to it.

Today, 07:01 PM
donsrods
Senior Member Join Date: May 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding bells !!! And I thought you LIKED me !!!

Let me try again. Oh, it was too big to insert. Should go now.

I'm not gonna touch that line...

I love the fact that it is not black, not that black is a bad color. The green is way hotter. That truck would not hit as hard if it was black. You can go through the PPG paint book and get the satin or flat additive to what ever color you like.

Nice find.

You know, it does look like OD sorta. I don't know what it is about this truck, but I even like the slots on it. When I get ready to do the '39 I am going to hit those fleet charts you guys mentioned. The purple I painted my '27 with is a Dupont Fleet color. Used on some ice cream trucks in New Jersey, I understand.

Don

Latest posts

Back