I found a truck in need

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old man dave

I saw this truck sitting behind a house in an old neighbor hood in Atlanta. The old couple that lived there have died and the son has a house a few miles away. I have not been able to make contact but I am trying. Also found some old toys laying in the pile behind the garage.

Attachments

• truck 034.jpg
    truck 034.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 126
  • truck 037.jpg
    truck 037.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 99
  • truck 035.jpg
    truck 035.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 118
  • truck 039.jpg
    truck 039.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 116
  • truck 036.jpg
    truck 036.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 128
It's cool that it is former Military too!

I really like the part about being military, just wish I could get the guy to call me back so I would at least know his plans. This would not be something I would spend time looking for but when you see a truck like that you gotta stop and ask.

It also has this on the passenger side where the visor should be. This truck also has a door lock on the passenger door but not on the driver door. Must be something they did for military use.

Attachments

• truck 038.jpg
    truck 038.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 69
That thing is sweet. Hope you get in touch with the owner.

Me too. I have tried to sound as interested as possible with out going overboard and making the owner think he has a gold mine. I actually left a note in his door Monday but still no reply.:confused:[S

It also has this on the passenger side where the visor should be. This truck also has a door lock on the passenger door but not on the driver door. Must be something they did for military use.

They all have the lock only on the passenger door...Back then, people parked at the curb, slid over to the passenger side and got out....Watch the old movies and you will see them doing that.

They all have the lock only on the passenger door...Back then, people parked at the curb, slid over to the passenger side and got out....Watch the old movies and you will see them doing that.

Great info thanks. I need to start watching more old movies but I don't even watch new movies.

It used to be a regulation to exit a vehicle on the pasenger side so you would lock the driver's door with the handle on the inside then use a key on the passenger door

Latest posts

Back