I have a defective brain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I've wanted this thing since I first saw it 7-8 years ago. It sits at the same ranch I got the last 2 Fords from. I just hadn't figured out how to get it home.

I have now conjued a scheme how I can get the cab off. I want to use the cab with a front end like this,

on something like a mid 90s Dodge dually frame with a 12 valve cummins.

Oh, no, WB, look at how cool that stock body is. I would run that one, it has so much character and charm.

I would make a ramp truck out of it with a modern drivetrain.

Don

Your brain ain't defective! It's just busy and the longer it stays that way, the longer you'll be with us....

Oh, no, WB, look at how cool that stock body is. I would run that one, it has so much character and charm.

I would make a ramp truck out of it with a modern drivetrain.

Don

It's missing the fender on the other side, probably never find another one. I just think it would be cool as an extended cab 55 IH dually

I think it would look good with just the body mounted on a low frame. Take about a foot out of the cowl and use the front end as a firewall. I hope that makes sense.:confused:

You could duplicate the fender out of Fiberglass.
Do it like Ed Roth built his car bodies. Rough frame work to mimic the shape then cover it in plaster and vermiculite. Get out a wood rasp and start to shape the plaster.
Over lay it with fiberglass mat. One dry knock out the plaster and you have a fender.
Easy,right.......[ddd
Torchie

You could duplicate the fender out of Fiberglass.
Do it like Ed Roth built his car bodies. Rough frame work to mimic the shape then cover it in plaster and vermiculite. Get out a wood rasp and start to shape the plaster.
Over lay it with fiberglass mat. One dry knock out the plaster and you have a fender.
Easy,right.......[ddd
Torchie

But ya just can't get the patina right on fiberglass...heheh![P

There has got to be a logger out there in the Hills that you could hire to lift the body off the frame right where it sits with their log truck? I so love that butt-ugly beast![dr

There has got to be a logger out there in the Hills that you could hire to lift the body off the frame right where it sits with their log truck? I so love that butt-ugly beast![dr

I have a friend with a telehandler. I think it will be much cooler as an extended cap dually that a big tall gawkward truck.

Last edited:
WB, Don't listen to those guys. They have no taste.[ddd :D I like the pick-up front end idea on that critter. Like it a lot. I would even keep all of the cowl and add the fenders and hood way out in front. If it will work, anyway. Get that baby in the weeds. Set it up so when you drop the thing on the ground, the ramps are right there to load the passenger vehicle. More ideas are available if needed.

Don't forget to send my check. :D

A good day

I put the 47 COE on craigslist at 12:30 and sold it at 2. I got all I paid for both the COE and the 40 parts truck plus bought a 1/2 cordless Milwaukee impact and have coffee money left. Plus I am keeping the big Tulsa winch.

WB, Don't listen to those guys. They have no taste.[ddd :D I like the pick-up front end idea on that critter. Like it a lot. I would even keep all of the cowl and add the fenders and hood way out in front. If it will work, anyway. Get that baby in the weeds. Set it up so when you drop the thing on the ground, the ramps are right there to load the passenger vehicle. More ideas are available if needed.

:D

amen... :cool::cool::cool:

Don't forget to send my check. :D

Skip, I like your idea and had thought it might be cool to leave the cowl long. It's not going to be a ramp, just my work-a-day trailer pulling truck. In my head anyway.

Latest posts

Back