I hope this doesn't get me banned, but......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJunktionMike

Something's wrong with that boy!
Had a couple real young guys (Can't buy Beer) come over today to buy a couple parts. Was told "well you don't look like a ratrod builder". Now I will admit I'm starting to look more like I should be rowing a ship and pillaging villages:D, but give me a break. So now the next big topic next to what is a ratrod, will be what is a ratrod builder suppose to look like.

I really don't think there should be a "look" I have met many builders that wear fancy ass jeans:eek: and could out weld [;) and fabricate anyone I know. The hobby and its members should not be judged on what they wear or look like but what quality of projects they bring to the table. My 2 bits :D

I get that a lot when people are looking at the skull shifters I make. They all think I should have a spike growing out of my head or something.

So what should we look like [S Just a man and his dog [cl

Attachments

• Me and Kya.jpg
    Me and Kya.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 67
I get that a lot when people are looking at the skull shifters I make. They all think I should have a spike growing out of my head or something.

Yep something like that.

I guess if flat black paint and red rims makes a ratrod, ink and 20 pounds of shrapnel in your face makes you a ratrod builder [S must be a new age thing.

Noobs don't know what they don't know... that's what makes them so entertaining

I have a hard enough time just looking like me...but I didn't know this sport had an appearance policy!!! [S

Dont you guys know anything?
You have to look like those guys on TV....dressed in black, a bandanna on one guy, tattoos up the neck on another. When the camera catches you, you have to stand there in some tough guy pose, with your hands making some sort of retarded sign that means nothing. You cant talk in a normal voice, you have to yell everything you say.

C'mon guys, get in the game....its the "look" that means everything or you are a nobody

Had a couple real young guys (Can't buy Beer) come over today to buy a couple parts. Was told "well you don't look like a ratrod builder". Now I will admit I'm starting to look more like I should be rowing a ship and pillaging villages:D, but give me a break. So now the next big topic next to what is a ratrod, will be what is a ratrod builder suppose to look like.

Hey Mike

From what I have seen in upstate NY ....seems most of these guys are mid 30's to mid 40's in age...lots of ink on their skin...some piercing going on too...big engines in everything they own....oh yeah and these guys around here like the hot rods loud...

my smelly old 2 cents

MikeC

P.S. I am none of the above...

ok
i didnt know there was a dresscode
ducksass hairdoo soaked in vitalis
1940's childlike tattoo sleeves covered with too tight white tee shirt
smokes in sleeve
and pegged jeans comin right up!

oh yeah
fake rock-a-billy blaring

Latest posts