I may have hit the motherload...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Crown

So, I arrived in The Middle of Nowhere Saskatchewan this afternoon...

as I had mentioned in my Slow and Low thread, I knew of a lot behind an old hospital that had A LOT of old stuff. Now some of you may be thinking "pfft, big deal...there's lots out in the boonies behind my house" But for me, it IS a big deal. It's tough to find so many cool cars in one spot. Canada is big man, and stuff like this is generally spread out all across the province. I'm in the mecca of old cars right now and I'm so excited, I'm shaking...

So naturally, before I went to my folks place, I had to stop and see what was there.

I was grossly mistaken about there being Model A stuff, but rather, there's Chevrolet's on the beds of Ford 1 tons (insert ford vs chevy joke here):D

I'm not exactly sure what these models are, so if anyone can shed some light, that would be great.

The woman who owns ALL of these vehicles saw me snapping pics and thought I was some punk, until I told her who I was. So, we struck up a conversation and she asked me what I was interested in. Her sons are coming down for CDN thanksgiving this weekend and will mark off what they want to keep. I'm thinking there isn't going to be much in the way of bringing a cab home in the back of my truck...

However, after staring at this Dodge Bros. dually for about 10 minutes...it grew on me. The cab is screaming at me to bring it home. Which, I think if the lady's kids don't want it, I'll buy it. How I'll get it home is another question.

Sure, I'm a ford guy, but this truck is begging for a new home.

So, without further adieu, here's some quick snaps of today's adventure. There's a few other towns and small railway hole in the wall type places where my Pop's knows of some other old cars hidden away. So, even if I don't come home with a chev cab of some sort, I may still come home with something.

photo21.jpg

photo22.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo24.jpg

photo25.jpg

photo26.jpg

photo27.jpg

photo28.jpg

Last edited:
"That old ford is too banged up mah, i want the 72"

Tell me what I need to do to get the 34 Dodge[drforth picture down,I can afford my right arm it's missing one finger but it still works fairly well.[cl I will make a donation to the "I GOTTA HAVE IT" Truck Foundation.. WOW.. Honey wheres my passport,I gottsta go,I'll be home in a week............

I hope you can buy the one you want, but looks like most any of them would work just fine..congrats on the find..keep us posted..

Cool find fella. Hopefully you can save some of them. I have some of my own I gotta start saving before my kids start selling them off. Good luck!

Those dodge cabs have beautiful lines.. and factory suicide doors... how could you not want it!

Ill take the cut off coupe on the back of it!

Just plain Wow!!!!! I am speachless.... so which ones you getting???[P

I'd like that Dodge Bros. or the chev on the back of it.

I may have also died and gone to heaven...was driving around today, and believe it not, in town here, there is a great big scrapyard. I spied a four door sedan by the slew beside the yard. And scattered all around were what looks to be trucks and cars from the 30's and 40's. I had my mom call the guy who owns the yard to see if I could go snoop around sometime this week.

If I get the green light, I'll snap a pile of photos. Might have good luck bringing home a project from this guy. He's got the equipment to help load it in my truck.

But my good Sgt, I'm really digging that Dodge Bros.

Found out about an auction this coming saturday which is about an hour and a half from where I am...checked the auction listing, and this is what I saw:

'32 Plymouth 3 window coupe.

plymouth.jpg

So needless to say, I'll be making the drive to participate in the bidding war. I'm hoping that next to nobody will want this thing and I can get it for a song...but we'll see.

Wish me luck!

So, I thought my find earlier this week was the motherload...wrong. It was just a small potato compared to today's find.

Pops and I drove about an hour north from home, and found this place in a town called Elfros.

What I saw may be as close to heaven as I will ever get. I swear to you, that there was over 200 cars and trucks here. Ranging from the 20's all the way up to the 70's with the occaisional newer vehicle there. This place was a GOLDMINE. My head was spinning, there was so much stuff here. I tripped over so much cool stuff...9" rear ends, 90 fin brake drums, killer intake manifolds, a bunch of cool old motors...

Everything here was for sale. Needless to say, I'll be back here to gather parts...depending on if I score that Dodge Bros. truck, or this new found 32 plymouth coupe...either way, I can't lose.

I wish I could have taken pictures of EVERYTHING for you guys.

photo29.jpg

photo30.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo32.jpg

photo33.jpg

Latest posts

Back