I might be lazy!?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
Ok, I have a confession. I haven't driven the 64 in a couple of weeks because the gasket between the heat riser and the exhaust manifold blew out. I didn't think I'd be able to find it at the local moron parts store and I thought the studs would probably break when I went to take them off.

Today I got tired of seeing it sit there in this beautiful weather, so I went to the parts store. The gasket was only $1.65!:eek: I thought that was too easy so the studs were probably gonna break. I jacked up the car, prayed and took a wrench to the nuts. To my surprise they came off with no problems.:) Now the cars back on the road and it only took me about 30 minutes.

I wasted the last couple weeks of perfect weather because of assumptions. I guess the old saying of assuming, is true!

Well, ya know.... coulda, shoulda, never gets you any where until you do it. Not to worry there are still a few more weeks left before it starts getting cold to enjoy a ride. :)

Yeah, I'm back to tearing up the streets. I just love all the looks people give me and I can't stop anywhere without people talking to me about it.:)

Burnout!!!

Inked,
I'd say u just weren't in the mood to fool with it earlier. When u finally got ready... it just fell into place! Congrats... do a burnout for me!!!

BoB

I'm no different either,
I turned my rear leaf spring upside down in the truck a couple of weeks ago and have been too lazy to put it back the way it is supposed to be. All the parts are there and work fine.....

I'm just too lazy to get off my "Boney Butt" and put it back.

Maybe tommorrow...

Oh, and the car runs a LOT better now too. That stupid heat riser thingy was almost completely shut. That side of the motor was choked to death!!!! I just beat on it with a hammer and a chunk of concrete till it opened. I like to call it "Monkey Engineering" :D

my truck is still in the same state of disassembly as the last progress post in my build thread from a while ago :p sometimes there's just too much going on to mess with it. be careful though, next time you'll go out there thinking it's going to be smooth sailing and it'll be a week long wrenching fiasco :D

Latest posts

Back