I need a wiring harness for the T-Bucket.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryH

I'm looking for a decently priced universal kit for my T-Bucket. Nothing fancy, an 8 circuit kit should cover it. There's about a zillion different kits out there. Some decently priced, some a little on the high side.

What kits are you guys using and how good are the instructions and ease of installation?

I'm looking for a decently priced universal kit for my T-Bucket. Nothing fancy, an 8 circuit kit should cover it. There's about a zillion different kits out there. Some decently priced, some a little on the high side.

What kits are you guys using and how good are the instructions and ease of installation?

I have never used a kit. As few wires that there are, I just wire the thing myself, using fused block and wire.

Email glenn33. he's a member on here and i got a really nice kit from him. CHEAP too!

this is NOT a paid advertisement.... although the stickers didn't hurt. :eek:

Speedway sales a good 12 circuit universal harness for $129.00. easy to install and good, easy to follow instructions.

I've used both an EZ kit, and a Rebel........both were really easy. I think the Rebel kit was cheaper.

I hope this helps.

I used Rebel wire and was very pleased with it. I ordered it on a Sun and he called my the same day to confirm on what I wanted. When I had mental blocks on wiring they helped me out every time I called.

I bought my Son Dan an American Autowire kit for his rpu. Very expensive, but nice kit. He then bought me a Rebel 9 + 3 kit for my 27, and I was surprised that for a lot less money it is really a very nice kit with good components. I didn't need a lot of the stuff like 3rd brake light and wipers, so I just eliminated those, and the kit was very easy to install. I will buy another one from Rebel for my new rpu project.

I used to do my own wiring from scratch but have you priced rolls of wire and terminal ends these days????????? :eek: A kit is a good value IMO. (It would be nice if Rebel would give us fellow members some special discount since we keep spreading the good word and all...........:D)

Don

I decided on the Rebel Wire 9+1 kit. I just ordered the wiring kit plus a finned aluminum 6 gauge dash panel.

The kit was waiting for me when i got home from work tonight. I just glanced through the instruction booklet but the instructions look really easy to follow. Maybe it won't be as big a job as i thought.

Just a little tip when doing wiring for the first timers. Buy LOTS of plastic wire ties in various lengths. I use the 4 inch, 6 inch, and 7 inch mainly. You will want to put a wire tie about every 6 inches, and if you space them evenly they give a nice professional look to the finished job.

I also use the wire ties to temporarily hold the wires together while running various circuits. You can use them in the normal way, then cut them off as you move along, but that is wasteful and costly. If you turn the wire tie around and insert the end back in so that the smooth side is against the teeth of the wire tie it enables you to slide it back apart and reuse it. Hard to explain what I mean, but simply flip the wire tie 180 degrees and you will see what I am talking about.

Don

Oh, one other tip. Put a big garbage can next to the car and toss all the stuff you trim off in there as you go...........it sure saves a lot of mess, and doing a wiring job creates a lot of trash.

Last edited:
I'm a Rebel Wire fan too & Bob gives RRR members a 10% discount! I used a 8+3! They use good wire & the printing is the biggest I've seen & I can read it without my glasses or a magnifying glass!!! :eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back