I put my 46 on a diet.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

A while back, Paul (21Willys) hauled the 46 parts car I bought on Ebay down from Illinois for me. I have been slowly pecking away at it, removing salvageable parts, and scrapping the ones not worth keeping. The car had a lot of rust, but the stuff I needed for my 46 is pretty good, so the deal was worth it to me.

I am not going to do anything with my 46 until I get my rpu project done, so I rented a 10 x 20 storage unit and shoved the parts car and all the decent pieces in there until I need them.

Here is the car the way it came to me:

And I spent the past weekend with a cutting torch and sawzall and reduced it to this:

The rear wheelwells on my 46 are pretty rusty, and these on the parts car have only surface rust, so I am going to cut them out and weld them into my car. I hope the 4 door wheelwells are the same as my tudor wheel wells.

There are a lot of misc parts that I hope someone can use, I will put these on Ebay eventually. I was able to salvage things like the hood, the doors, trunklid, and stuff like that. They might go to help someone who needs these parts. Most of the chrome trim is pretty nice, so that should sell.

My Son bought a lot of new sheetmetal for the 46 when he owned it (he and I sold it back and forth to each other a few times) so I will be able to replace all the trunk metal when I get around to doing the car.

Don

I am one tired puppy from all that work and carrying body parts. Plus, it was like 95 degrees with 100% humidity. Why we choose this hobby I have NO IDEA ! :confused::confused:

Don

I actually did put a wooden kitchen chair in there and a steering wheel, so that Dan could pull me over to the storage unit with his pickup ! :D But before he got off work I started pushing it, and it was so light I just pushed it over there myself.

I was planning on making motor noises the whole ride over too ! ;)

Don

I actually did put a wooden kitchen chair in there and a steering wheel, so that Dan could pull me over to the storage unit with his pickup ! :D But before he got off work I started pushing it, and it was so light I just pushed it over there myself.

I was planning on making motor noises the whole ride over too ! ;)

Don

That would have been a killer video!!!:D

What was funny was that as I cut pieces off I would put them in the dumpster at our shop. When I went back to put more in, the first pieces were gone ! :eek: The scrapper had gotten them already.

I saw a guy in a pickup trolling around the area, so I decided I better get the car under lock and key before it disappeared too. I don't know how much he can make off the tin I put in the dumpster, but he seemed to think it was worth dumpster diving for.

Don

A while back, Paul (21Willys) hauled the 46 parts car I bought on Ebay down from Illinois for me. I have been slowly pecking away at it, removing salvageable parts, and scrapping the ones not worth keeping. The car had a lot of rust, but the stuff I needed for my 46 is pretty good, so the deal was worth it to me.

I am not going to do anything with my 46 until I get my rpu project done, so I rented a 10 x 20 storage unit and shoved the parts car and all the decent pieces in there until I need them.

And I spent the past weekend with a cutting torch and sawzall and reduced it to this:

Don

That looks like a good starting point for a woodie.

Don I have a friend in Illinios who is looking for a few trim pieces for his two door. I will have him call ya and see if the parts off the four door will work. Pretty sure what he needs should be the same. Windshield and front fender pieces.

Paul, the fenders and trim were too bad to keep, so they got put in the dumpster, in fact, I torched a couple of them off to make it easier to get at the bolts. But there is still the chrome around the windshield, if that is what he is talking about.

Thanks,

Don

I laughed, no problem Don! :D

If the worst I get called is Paul I'm doing good lol

Way to go Ron! calling a guy by the wrong name...What?...Ron?...Hon?....Oh Don! whoops! carry on...:D

I read the Paul too and thought I had the wrong name to the right person or the left person or the guy in the middle :confused: Heck let's face it I stay confused, quit messin with my head [ddd

Latest posts

Back