I think I jsut found one of my old car.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I found this car for sale locally on Craigslist. It looks like the car I drag raced before I went to Nam. I E-mail the guy to ask him if it use to have Dirty Mean and ugly on the doors. If it does it the car. I been looking for this car for years. Here a couple of pictures of it. If it is and I am not to late. It will be home soon.

Attachments

• drag car.jpg
    drag car.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 125
  • drag car1.jpg
    drag car1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 80
Hey is that a hand-built body? Looks like a real good deal for only $1k to me.

I did not build the car we bought it after we crashed the anglia and ran it until we built another car. The body looked to be 36-38 conv. The fenders and grille were 32 ford and the frame was 35-40 ford. The best I can remember.

The guy E-mail be back. This guy is playing game with me right now. We wants to know were we sold the car at because he said he knows were it was sold. My name and he said that he has to look at the car to see it the name is on the doors. Whats up with that. Does he want to sell it or not.

So I gave him the history of the car The builder when we had it and were we sold it at. and my name and the name of the guy that bought it.

No it not it. This car has a home made body and the back of the car is way different. Though I found it but I guess I have to keep looking. The guy that knew were the car sat died and he never told me there is sat other then a farm outside of Hellertown Pa. The car I had was rounded in the back and still had the rumble seat lid on it.

Attachments

• drag car 2.jpg
    drag car 2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 46
Old Drag Car .....

This car was forsale on craigslist for $1000. and I ask the guy for pictures , Then he finally send me 2 photos .. After that he raised the price to $2500. on his auction .. be careful about this deal ..something doesn't seem right.

[S

Yes I know he want picture I had of the car. which I do not have any. this person is up to something. He does not ANSWER my questions just keep asking me questions every time I contact him,

It may be a sister to the car I had, The guy did build three of them. I know none of them had titles. Ronco was the last name of the guy that built them. Far as I know he race them from the late fifties to the track close in 74 or 75

The one I had was his second car. I have seen film (8 mm)of all three cars and they all have the same look.

It sounds and smells bad because it is. A realtor once told me that even better than a great location is a great story. If you know the history of something and could put pictures and names to it to prove it's historical value and lineage, it's worth more money.
The same is true here. The kid is getting you to do all his legwork on a project he gave up on ages ago, and probably paid nearly nothing for. You're giving his unwanted project value. The more info, the more the price - especially to you. He's not someone you want to continue to deal with it. If you want the car, ask a friend to go over with cash. And when the kid starts going off about the (fake) history (probably using your name), tell him he doesn't care, it's just a nasty old project and this is what it's worth. Nothing more. See if you can get it that way, if not ......, Just walk away. Is it really worth paying this kid with your info AND your money?

Just my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back