I wouldn't hate country so much....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That ain't bad, but I am like you, country isn't my favorite. I grew up on rock and roll and still like it....even AC/DC rock and roll.

Don

Me too, and that's the radio I still listen to. Led Zep, Doors, Steppenwolf, Skynard, Woodstock. Also went through a phase when I was listening to Pure Prarie, Grateful Dead, New Riders, Linda Rhonstand, Emmy.
I still like the old country I grew up on as a kid, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Buck Owens.
I guess for me there is just music that sucks and music that don't suck. Modern top ten stuff of any genre pretty much falls into the suck category.

i like a lot of different music, from heavy metal to tear jerking country. but i don't like most of this new country. oh dwight is one of my favs, but i like that song by elvis better.

My music tastes stop about 1990. For sure rock is where it's at up until then, with some of the old tear jerkin' hillbilly country thrown into the mix.

Today's country is the Pop music that we grew up, nothing country about it at all. And I have no idea which direction rock went, I only listen to classic rock stations. Hard to believe Jagger is in his 70's and still going!

I would think any of us in our 70's are still stuck on 50's - 60's Rock-n-Roll [cl
Chuck Berry, Beatles, Stones, Who, Queen [S

I would think any of us in our 70's are still stuck on 50's - 60's Rock-n-Roll [cl
Chuck Berry, Beatles, Stones, Who, Queen [S
Because of radio overplay
Some great bands I hope I never hear again in my life
Aerosmith
Skynerd
Zeppelin
Stuff like that I am done with
After 10000 listens
I hate it

I grew up on 90s country, most of the new stuff sucks. But i lister to anything from jerry reed tofive finger death punch. Absolutely no rap! Horrible crap that is.

My wife bought me a iPod and I put all my music as well as all the stuff I like from my friends music collections on it.
I have 20000 songs on it.
I put it on random play and use it instead of the radio.
It's like a personal radio station that only plays music I like
It's plugged into my truck stereo.

I do the same Billy...Mine is an eclectic mix of stuff...I'll be jammin away in the shop to Pantera, Ministry, Ozzy, Iron Maiden then it will switch to a Piano Concerto, Celtic folk music then on to classic blues etc...Makes for weird looks from people in my shop![cl

I got kicked out of nashville
This record producer calls me up and tells me he wants to make me a star
I said "but I can't sing"
he says that's alright we have people who can sing.
I said "But I ain't much to look at"
He said that's okay we have a lot of pretty faces down here.
I said "But I can't write a lick of music"
he said we have that covered too.

So i though about it for a sec and wondered "Well what do you need me for"
And he said well y'all ain't in rehab and we need someone who can cash a check

So I headed on down to Nashville cuz thinking well at least if i cut a few albums i can get a job waiting tables in a good resturaunt

There I am fresh off the bus walking down the street heading for the producing studio when a cop arrests me.
I get hauled before the judge and he asks what the hell i think I'm doing
i said Well your honor
And he says shut up boy I'll do the talking here.
-What's that on your head?
Well your honor I spared no expense It's a 15 gallon hat
-What's that on yer back
only the finest rainbow striped resistol western bowling shirt
-What's that on yer legs
There here are my mothers purple corduroy bell bottoms the ones we bought her the day she got out of prison
-And what the hell is on yer feet?
Again yer honor I spared no expense. there here are the finest catfish skin boots and i commissioned the garden weasel company to make these spurs you ain't seen nothing like these double wide muli-tracks have you

He charged me with operating country and western gear without a permit and kicked me right out of town.

Latest posts

Back