ID help..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I think that thing would look 1, 000, 000 times better if you just do the necessary mods to the frame and engine placement to get the front clip lined up where it belongs! I can picture it in my head that way and it looks like a pretty swoopy package to me!:D

Waiting (patiently) on the upcoming build thread....;)[;)

Regards,
Shea:)

P.S. Welcome to RRR!:)

wow

How did I miss this one, I've never seen a volvo truck before, and I have worked on imports all my life, but I can tell you thats a mercedes benz engine in that thing, looks like a mid 70's 450 sl v8 in that thing, with cis injection, when they run, they run good, only bad thing when they sit, the injection dist. gets all stopped up, they have little screens at the injection dist., that will stop right up, and watch out for the timing chains also, the guides wear out and it will break the chain along with all the bent valves, the timing chain set up only lasted about 100,000 miles

Heck, I think that thing would look 1, 000, 000 times better if you just do the necessary mods to the frame and engine placement to get the front clip lined up where it belongs! I can picture it in my head that way and it looks like a pretty swoopy package to me!:D

Waiting (patiently) on the upcoming build thread....;)[;)

Regards,
Shea:)

P.S. Welcome to RRR!:)

actually.. picking it up to day, your mind-picture might be the way to go.. it looks totally different in person, than on the pics.. much cooler;)

i have to take a couple of beers together with it, but chances are ill keep the front clip. (have lots of job to do to make it look right though.)

How did I miss this one, I've never seen a volvo truck before, and I have worked on imports all my life, but I can tell you thats a mercedes benz engine in that thing, looks like a mid 70's 450 sl v8 in that thing, with cis injection, when they run, they run good, only bad thing when they sit, the injection dist. gets all stopped up, they have little screens at the injection dist., that will stop right up, and watch out for the timing chains also, the guides wear out and it will break the chain along with all the bent valves, the timing chain set up only lasted about 100,000 miles

thanks!
450 is right. good info! i have never wrenched one of those..

Attachments

• rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back