If you have a Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrocarbon Rocket

Should you continue to allow it to live in your ride?

I'm not sure I'm gonna be cut out for this Rat stuff. I pulled the windshield out of my old 55 because it throws glass in your face if you drive it. Upon taking it out, I had to clean all the surface rust and am planning on painting this specific area realy good so the newish winshield can stay in for ever. I pulled down the headliner to clean good behind the seal and it looked as if it had been spray insulated with cotton. I could not believe how much rat poop and the size of the nest. I suppose they pulled stuffing out of the seat, then travedled up through the a or b pillar to get up in the headliner.

Maybe this defines a true RAT ROD.

It could have looked like this:

rattystuff7580006.jpg
\

Or this:

oldnumber53041.jpg

My cat hunted this mess for a week after I brought it home. He caught 2 large pack Rats or wood rats as some people call them.

Yeah I moved pretty quick when I pulled my headliner out to fix my air horn and there was a live one up there. And the funny part was my air horn didn't work because he had chewed through the line.

I kill all rat's that dont have wheel's on them,
The little varmit's have done too much damage to my cars & truck's...

Yep, it's nasty. I haven't pulled my headliner...yet, but I know what I'm in for.

On that miserable subject, be sure to wear a mask if you don't already know better. Read up on "Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome". It can kill you. :eek:

If it was small enough to live in the headliner it was probably a MOUSE.

RATS usually live under seats, or in the engine compartment.
And they will turn a wiring harness into a useless pile of junk.

These are mice....

227.jpg

This is a rat.....
IMG_0694.jpg

Yep, it's nasty. I haven't pulled my headliner...yet, but I know what I'm in for.

On that miserable subject, be sure to wear a mask if you don't already know better. Read up on "Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome". It can kill you. :eek:

You also have to watch out for Histoplasmosis, this nailed me about 3 years ago. Cost my insurance $80G and me $15G leaving me with chronic fibrosing mediastinitis, yearly MRI's at $2800 a pop + doc billes. :eek:

I have a cabin in Maine where I go for 2 weeks every summer. I have an aluminum boat that I cover with tarps to keep all the snow and tree debris from winter storms. This summer I opened the tarps to find a bazillion pine cones in various states of completeness. I also found about a 2 gallon bucket's worth of foam bits from under the floor of the boat. The culprit seems to be a Red Squirrel, smaller than a gray squirrel, but bigger than a chipmunk. Those little *******s got under the floor of the boat thru a channel that was HALF the size of a ping pong ball. I hope they like moth balls because that's what they'll be living with for the winter.

Latest posts

Back