If you have never posted.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

If you have never posted or have only posted a few times, this thread is for you. :D Now that we have 5,000 members I bet there are a lot who like to read the posts, but feel they have nothing to contribute.

So, here is your chance. [cl We would love to hear a little about a project you are working on, driving, or just thinking about building. It will be a great way for you to get your feet wet without jumping into the deep end of the pool. Heck, you can even tell us about your dog or cat, we don't care. :)

I don't know if this thread will go anywhere, but lets see.:D If there was ever a forum where a person can post without fear of being flamed, it is this one.

Don

my name is Tex, i have a 52 pontiac , a 42 chevy truck and starting a softail harley,, i play the guitar and other musical instruments, i have dog named maggie shes a rotty!i live in the armpit of alabama! i am a missionary and preacher, have traveled many places in south america and all across the states! A proud to be a american ! and by grace of Jesus christ a christian! And for the women folks out there!:D Single and looking too!

Hi, my name is CR, I live in Delaware. I am currently working on a 37 Chevy sedan and my daily drivers are a 93 Chev pickup and a 77 Corvette. I'm addicted to Automobiles too, since approximately the 3rd grade!There are never enough hours during the day to accomplish what I want!.[S

(This thread is staring to sound a bit like an AA meeting!):D.....CR

Hi my name is Brett. Im addicted to automobiles. Im currently building a 50's International Rat. My DD is a 92 Civic. I also own an 86 F150 and a 00 Lincoln LS. I have a Rotweiller named Roxie, a bunch of fish, no wife, no kids.

Im hoping to build many more cars in my life. Hoping to find a Tudor one of these days and hang onto it.

And I agree there arnt enough hours in a day to get everything done.

Hi... My name is Ron, and I have an addiction. I'm addicted to old cars and pretty women. The difference between the two is I'm more likely to approach an old car (the face slaps in public are really embarassing:eek:).

I have my 40 Studebaker that is my avatar and I just recently traded BigShem for a 1956 two door handyman Chevy wagon (to be a sedan delivery). I also have tucked away a 1940 Ford Tudor Sedan body and thanks to Fuzz the start of a frame for it that will get back halved and either prostreeted, or just out right drag race prepped.

I have a chocolate lab named Bailey, and two cats Scrooby Do (mostly because he's a screw ball) and Gremlin.

Now come on all you newbies it's not hard...even an old fart like me can do this[P

Hi my name is Robert aka Tiny1 not sure why every body calls me tiny. I've been married to the same Ole gal for 31yrs have one son that just got married a few weeks ago. We have 4 dogs 2 ducks 22 chickens so eggs is no problem around here :D I'm sort of shy most of the time i don't know what to say so i just read and enjoy the site.

Since i finish my truck last year i haven't posted much. Been mostly riding and having a great time. I'm not sure i should be giving advise to others being a rookie at building hot rods myself. I just picked up a 1930 model A ford 5 window coupe I'm so looking forward to starting on. Going to start working on a 31 Buick sedan for my pal Ron this weekend just got everything in the shop moved around so i can get started on it. Maybe i want kill this thread by posting I hope not anyway

hey all,the name is jimi, live in southeastern indiana(born and raised)
current car im collecting parts for is a '53 willys aerolark 4 door
i also have a '34 olds six sedan that was given to me i hope to start next summer
ive been married 10 yrs ,have 5 kids (reason for the 4 door..lol)
5 dogs and a cat

atta boy possum-- first "newbie" to post in this thread......

btw....i'm a missionary baptist preacher/pastor, who has been working on cars/trucks all my life..... too many projects to mention...

Hi my name James.I also have an addiction to old cars,trucks and early vans.I have been this way for a very long time.I always messed around with muscle cars,but now I got the rat rod bug.I don't at this time have one but I am looking for just the right build.Not sure what I want to build but when I do you folks will be the first to know.I do have some "newer" projects I am working on now.I got a 1977 Chevy C-10 I'm building into a lowrider.When thats done I have a 1986 Chevy Camaro I'm thinking about making a old school Gasser out of it,straight axle and all.Well thats enough about the cars,I also have 3 kids(27,18,14)and 2 grandkids(8,6).Thanks for letting me share........ov:cool:

Hi I'm BigShem ands i love old cars trucks bikes and anything Kool..... just traded Roddinron my wagon for his stude.... thanks Ron....met alot of kool cats on here...and finally some down to earth people... this RRR definatly Rulz!! and before i forget i'm going to Tiny's 4 Breakfeast he gots egg!!!!!!!!lol:D

Hey guys, names Nick. I'm 28, engaged to my Jenny. We drive for a living, been to 43 out of 50 states. We have a 62 Sedan DeVille that has been sitting for years and just begging to be worked on. Also have a 52 F1 that we are collecting parts to build a little rod for Jenny. We don't get home often, maybe once every 2 months, for 2 days at a time. Live on the road is tough, but we have seen some cool stuff, met a lot of cool folks, see a bunch of different car shows all over.

My name is Daman. I've been into cars pretty much my whole life.
I was side tracked with bikes for awhile but have room for a build now. I have a '48 International KB-2 I picked up and am working on. First time doing this major of work. I post when I can help, the rest of the time I read and get ideas.
When I joined this site I joined another...the same people and threads are there as are here. I just stay here now and occasionally look over there.
Thanks for the site
Daman

My name is Pat and I'm a rataholic. I've been a member of the RRR support group for a couple of years now. I have the beginnings of a 51 Ford F-1 rat project that currently sits in storage in a non disclosed location due to my pending divorce. (See my signature to check my current mental status) I probably should have given up on the idea of building this truck along time ago but my desire is strong and I refuse to give it up.

Never give up on your dreams guys. Keep the faith and it'll pay off someday. You gotta really want it!!!

Thunder

T1 is right--ya gotta have a dream.. I guess most 'members' don't hardly post at all, just 'thinkin about it'.. Its Ok to just think about this stuff, but its alot 'healthier' to be DOING something. Don't just read.

I find that I often Build or collect components that are a project of their own without having a car for them, with the idea that someday I wil have the 'right' pieces, and put them all together.

For Example--A straight axle by its self is a good project. Study, search, scrounge, locate, haggle, haul, clean, disassemble, rebuild, modify--------... It could take a year or two even. Doesn't take alot of room or a HUGE amount of money, or a buncha tools.

You ARE working on a hotrod, not just dreaming!! Ya need to do something.

A good start is talking about it.

PA41

My name is Barber... I'm 36, married, with two boys... one of which just turned 16.... I was gathering parts for a "railjob" much like the one Bob W built... not for that series, but just to bracket race around here... but I bought a truck for my boy so that's where my extra money is going right now... but it should be finished up in the next month or two and I can get back to my dragcar......

I also have a 72 Mach 1 Mustang that my father bought new, and brought me home from the hospital in when I was born.... It's only has 43 thousand miles on it, I hope to have it completely restored for my 40th birthday present...

plus there's my 94 Ford Lightning that I would like to be a little faster, and my 68 & 72 Broncos that I would like to have done... and I always wanted to put my old dragbike (74 Z1900) on the street... and.. and.. and..

Latest posts

Back