If you want a good laugh

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the HAMB check out thread titled lets see some bobber trucks, Those guys have their knickers up in a knot over what we are doing I couldnt resist and posted this pic of a neighbor leaning on ratzilla LFE

Attachments

• Johnnieratzilla.jpg
    Johnnieratzilla.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 95
Some of those guys get their knickers in a bunch over almost anything. I've noticed that most of the biggest critics don't even have a hot rod.

Is that a kickstand on your truck? Funny.

I'm new here, and have never visited that site before,
but after reading some of that, I don't really have any desire to visit again :(

I love that style truck and will be starting on my own Monday :D

That's why I don't even go on the Hamb anymore. If you ask a question you get some smart ass reply. If I ask a question its because I want an answer. Because I don't know. That's what I like about RRR, someone always answers or at least tries.

but after reading some of that, I don't really have any desire to visit again :(

Blue dont be too quick to dismiss those guys , thei tech archives has some mighty good info in it , any thing you thought you wanted to know about hotrods is there , just be careful asking a question.LFE

Never say RAT!!!

Blue,
The HAMBone has 1 or 2 members who LOVE to fight & flame just for grins... because they r the coolest. It's a great site for info & there are some really nice builds but it's hell bein' a newbie & if u want to start a firestorm... just say RAT!!!

BoB

I like the Friday Art show, but that is about it over there. The rest is just words............... and words don't bother me.

Last edited:
OK...
I won't write them off just yet, but I will be asking my questions here first ;)

Blue,
Check out the builds section on the HAMB just be very careful if you decide to post, and like Tripper said! Don't EVER say RAT!

BF

I met some of those guys at the Anti-Donut Breakfast and the Primer Nationals. They are some cool guys, just don't ever say "rat" and you'll get along fine. As for asking question, I just don't do it over there.

They even had me sign their HAMB banner.

My Son just posted pictures of my T on there, and they were very kind in their comments. I was really happy to see Von Franco who built the recreations of Grabowskis two T buckets say nice things. He is an amazing all around fabricator/painter.

There are some very nice people on the HAMB, my Son belongs and likes it, and I see some of our people post there too. It is just the few rude ones that I dislike seeing jump on people when it would have been so much easier for them to either not post or to say something positive. I think I see a trend there of members not putting up with the rude comments because sometimes one of them will step up and say it was uncalled for.

Informationwise it is a great source, and at times can be a very funny read.......lots of humorous people on there.

So, I lurk and do not post.

Don

Blue,
Check out the builds section on the HAMB just be very careful if you decide to post, and like Tripper said! Don't EVER say RAT!

BF

Or say "RAT" and just sit back and watch them go berserk.:D

Wait a couple days, re-regester and say it again.:D

Or, just put those hours into your car. It would be fun though.:D

Yep,Dont mention the bad word over there.All the popcorn will be out in full force.It seems that it has cleaned up over there a bit.Even if you do someone will let you know politley that its not allowed.Met some pretty cool guys overthere also.I also saw Dons build posted ther and people did not flame it either.

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
hey lucky, what are those tail lights?? they look cool on your truck
1959 Cadillac tail lights , I think that was the only year they used them. Repos are for sale everywhere Ii guess what makes mine a little bit different is the brackets- 1950 chevy connecting rods.LFE

Attachments

• DSCN1504[1].jpg
    DSCN1504[1].jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 23
Well I figure, it's MY truck, if somebody doesn't like it, they can make me an offer............if that works out, then they can change it to what they like.

I figured mine would cause a stir. Pro-street, altered, ratrod that it is. Hamb is kind of a traditional site.

Last edited:
Eh, I posted pics of my truck on there. It was fun a guystarted off by say, "Nice rat" I told him thanks for the compliment, and, he was all like "that wasn't a compliment" :D Screw em'. Many others were very constructive. There are a few folks over there that are just ****s. Older "traditional" guys... It's funny, many of the younger guys lean our way of thinking. If someone doesn't like it too damn bad.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back