IHC / Bedford Rat Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inbred

Hi Everyone

Just found this site through facebook and thought I'd post some pics of my unusual truck build.

It is a 1954 Bedford Truck cab and a 1930's shortened Ford deck. It is sitting on a scratch built chassis with 1975 International Travelall running gear and 345 V8.

I got it 2 years ago as a cab and International chassis and have slowly built it up from there, learning as I go.

Would love to hear all your thoughts / ideas on it....

It arrived to me like this

bedford001.jpg

Chopped 5 inches out of the roof

SDC10644.jpg

And built it a new chassis

P10108901.jpg

Was going to run a Chevy grill on her

SDC10756.jpg

But ended up deciding to go with the original Bedford bonnet to make it truly different

IMG_0575.jpg

Shortened the Ford tray that I saved from the crusher and mounted it

IMG_0574.jpg

Found some normal 8 stud wheels which give it a better stance

IMG_1066.jpg

So 2 years ago I got this.....

freezercontents001.jpg

And now it looks like this....

IMG_1070.jpg

Only this left to do....

IMG_1124.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my very brief history of my build so far. Will post more pics as I go

Cheers
Barry

Almost

Gosh, by the looks of that list, you're almost finished. [cl But it looks pretty good. Never seen one of these, I think! Looks like a Chevy, kinda! :confused:

Yeah kinda like a chevy but different. That's the theme of the whole build really "kinda the same, but different" lol

Funny you say that. The intention was always to run duel rear wheels - until I bought a house and found the driveway to the garage is only wide enough to fit the truck down as it is with about 2 inches clearance each side. Oops

Wow!!!! You really went above and beyond the call of duty on the new frame!! I think a dually rear would look great other than that I think you have a spectacular looking truck!!!

Modifiy the garage? :D

I wish it was that easy. It is the gap between the house and the fence that is too narrow to get down to the garage - can't move the house and don't think the neighbours would be happy if I moved the fence into their section lol.

Will post some more pics of the chassis when I get a chance - it really is a thing of beauty

I really dig this build. Internationals are a favorite of mine. Dual rears would be cool but it looks great the way it is.[cl

Love your thinking, don't think the wife would let me get away with it - but if you don't ask??

Latest posts

Back