I'm gonna build an altered.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I am going to run Wilwood front hubs sans the rotors and calipers, and if I find that the disc brakes on the rear are not doing the job I can always retrofit brakes onto the front. I may add a chute too, just because. :D

Don

We don't need no stinking headlights!!

Oh wait....might get dark....and those wheels like great....Chute would be nice too...[cl

What??? No headlights ??? :D

Don

The glow from the headers will light your way :)

th

Thanks. :) I called Wilwood today and ordered the front hubs, bearings, and studs I need to fit my early Ford spindles, and should have those next week. These are the ones I got:

I am going to have to take it easy for a while, between all the parts I have been buying in the last couple of months and Christmas, I just saw smoke coming off of my debit card ! :eek::eek: Time to work with the parts I already have and let my savings recoup a little before I move on to the next expensive step (the rear end housing and rear suspension)

But at least I have some of the major parts I need to get the frame started and maybe up on front wheels.

Don

Thanks. :) I called Wilwood today and ordered the front hubs, bearings, and studs I need to fit my early Ford spindles, and should have those next week. These are the ones I got:

I am going to have to take it easy for a while, between all the parts I have been buying in the last couple of months and Christmas, I just saw smoke coming off of my debit card ! :eek::eek: Time to work with the parts I already have and let my savings recoup a little before I move on to the next expensive step (the rear end housing and rear suspension)

But at least I have some of the major parts I need to get the frame started and maybe up on front wheels.

Don

Those hubs are nice! I see the holes are threaded, do they use bolts or studs?

Not to hijack, but what's the latest on your RPU project?

RPU is on hold until this one gets done. The Olds motor is still in the machine shop being remachined, I told him not to hurry. Every time I see it just sitting in the shop I feel bad, but it's time will come.

Yeah, I noticed the threaded holes too and I ordered studs from them to go with them (3 inch long drag studs). As I remember, from the ones we put on the front of my Son's T bucket, the studs are grade 8 bolts threaded all the way up, and you screw them in from the backside so the studs are sticking out. I think I remember red locktiting the studs on my Sons, and that is what I will probably do here too.

Thanks for asking about the rpu, I'll let it know people were asking about it. :D

Don

My front end parts arrived from Ron Pope Motorsports today and they are absolutely better than I could have asked for ! [cl Every piece is perfect, and Ron stayed with me every step of the way, sending me emails to see how I wanted a certain part done and stuff like that. He also got them done when promised, which is a big plus to me.

I don't want this to sound like a commercial for Ron, but he is a RRR member and treats us very well pricewise. He is not like some of the companies who make one model and you take that or else..........he will custom make any piece you might need. I am the first to complain when someone doesn't do what they say, but I am also the first to recognize a vendor who does a great job. Thank you Ron, I love the parts.

Here are some pictures I took of them:

I love the lightening holes:

Thanks, guys. I have a little last minute Christmas shopping to do today and then I am heading to the shop for a while. I have decided to recut my frame rails for more of a 90 degree kickup, to run the 4 bars better, so I might get that done today.

But mainly, I am going to sit in my pondering chair and stare at my new goodies ! :eek::D:D:D (Don't you just love getting new parts ?)

Don

Latest posts

Back