I'm new. Please be nice.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8steel

Hey all. I am Bill in Mechanicsville, VA, which is just outside of Richmond. I love almost anything pertaining to old cars and trucks. My Dad was a moonshiner back in the 50s and was also into racing dirt tracks in the 50s through the 70s. So I've been around old cars for years. I hope to meet some new friends.

Currently have a 53 Ford F100. I bought it finished. It is way nice. I'm usually concerned it will get damaged in some way; not good when trying to enjoy an old truck. Will sell it soon for more space in the shop. I recently got rid of my mostly original 34 Ford 1-1/2 ton truck, flatbed, complete with minor dents and scratches. I had way more fun with the '34 than the '53 but sold the '34 as I'm clearing out space for the next project.
The next project... I bought a new 2011 F550 stripped motorhome chassis that will get an old cab, creating a hauler. I rescue a lot more vehicles than I finish and need a hauler. But I get to meet tons of nice people as I pass on what I wind up not using.

IMG_0993.jpg

DCP_4047.jpg

chassisfrtqtr.jpg

Last edited:
Good stuff welcome to the site.
When ya get started on the new project be sure to start a build thread with lots of pics [P [P [P

Really nice 53, the 34 is awesome and the chassis is just a blank canvas..can't wait to see what you do to it..Welcome to RRR

Tim in OK

are you building an old cabover hauler? please say you are.

You know it! - I have fallen in Love with what I used to think was the "ugliest" thing out there. - I'm looking now for a decent COE cab to grace that "empty canvas". - Late at night, I can hear the chassis calling out to the old forgotten cabs. - It's like a new baby calling out for MaMa.

You know it! - I have fallen in Love with what I used to think was the "ugliest" thing out there. - I'm looking now for a decent COE cab to grace that "empty canvas". - Late at night, I can hear the chassis calling out to the old forgotten cabs. - It's like a new baby calling out for MaMa.

that is fantastic news.

Welcome to RRR! I woulda had a hard time parting with the flatbed.

It was hard. - But, I had my time sharing it with many people. - It was time for someone else to share in the fun. - Besides, that new chassis is dying to get into the shop to get its new cab, so it too, can be shared with others.

Hey Fellas (and Ladies, too), - If you're ever needing a set of eyes to look at something over my way (Richmond, VA), let me know. - I'll be glad to help if I can. - Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Latest posts

Back