I'm new!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26tub

Hey everybody,

I'm happy to be here. Let's get right to the cars. I drive a 1950 5-window as my daily driver even though I have a perfectly good Explorer. You guys get it. It has solid from axle (which it will always have), 350, 10 bolt rear, and other things that are not so rat rod like disc brakes in the front, sway bar, power steering, 8 sport comp gauges, quarter stick, under bed fuel cell,...

I built a 1926 Ford Tub with 283, 9 inch, 29 Durant radiator, 40 Ford front end, split wishbone, Army duece headlights from around a 1940 model, frame built by me, and most of the other stuff I made, like windshield frame and windshield I cut out of rear glass from a Ford F250. This project was my favorite so far. I loved the style so much I drove my 50 to a farm I worked at and sandblasted an expensive metallic maroon paint job off, blew out all the bondo, and gave it a coat of JD blitz black.

Here's some picks for ya....I'll try to find some better one's. I went for about a 200 mile drive today and met the guy in the 46 Chevy truck. This was something to see up close, but I got a pic of the front end next to mine.

Attachments

• Me and truck and car.jpg
    Me and truck and car.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Tub engine.jpg
    Tub engine.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 23
  • front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Dad lookin at the car.jpg
    Dad lookin at the car.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 21
Couple more pics

More pics.

Attachments

• dug and the car.jpg
    dug and the car.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 13
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image_2(1).jpg
    image_2(1).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to RRR! Cool rides. Nothing wrong with disc brakes and stuff...

....aren't no rules to rat rods, just make it safe.

Welcome to the site
Great stuff ya have there.
A buddy of mine wants a 4 door tub body so bad he can almost taste it.
He's gonna remove a glass T bucket and put it on it's frame.

Hey Old Iron,

I was actually planning a two door, but it happened that I found the body in an abandoned feed store. Here's something your friend might want to consider. I built the frame with the same size material that a lot of glass kit cars use. When I was checking the rear suspension, I noticed the frame was bending so I had to double it up. I welded the seam from the body forward so it looks like a square. I don't know what kind of frame he has, but it might be something he has to deal with when going to the longer body.

Hey Old Iron,

I was actually planning a two door, but it happened that I found the body in an abandoned feed store. Here's something your friend might want to consider. I built the frame with the same size material that a lot of glass kit cars use. When I was checking the rear suspension, I noticed the frame was bending so I had to double it up. I welded the seam from the body forward so it looks like a square. I don't know what kind of frame he has, but it might be something he has to deal with when going to the longer body.
Thanks for the heads up [cl I'll let him know and we can cross that bridge too :D

Back