Im sick of dial up!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrodder

Hey guys, I am seriously considering going to satellite internet and was wondering who is using it now or has in the past. what kind of performance do you get(good or bad) and please mention brand names. Looking forward to your opinions. Thanks

Hey guys, I am seriously considering going to satellite internet and was wondering who is using it now or has in the past. what kind of performance do you get(good or bad) and please mention brand names. Looking forward to your opinions. Thanks

Me too. There is no cable or dsl where I am. A guy that who's screen name is Dialup registered not long ago and said he has a sat hookup. Haven't seen him post since, maybe he's around and can help us.

?

Rodder,
Who is u're fone service provider? Here AT&T sells DSL that is pretty fast! My buddy has had sat for years & loves it although I don't know how much he pays.

BoB

Believe it or not I'm 1 mile from being able to get att dsl. they said it could be a couple more years b4 they come by our place. I just hate to wait that long. thanks guys.

I have Xplornet satellite which is the Canadian version of Hughes. Its about 10x as fast as Dialup, but not nearly as fast as DSL or cable........but, its all we can get out here. At $55/month plus equipment, its not worth it............but we have no choice....with dialup, I would slash my wrists.

I have high speed cable internet (Roadrunner) through Time Warner, my cable company. Its very fast and I get my digital cable, internet, and digital phone service all for $100/mo. I had tried satellite in the past, but it didn't last long. I had a bunch of trees around my house everywhere and was just never able to get a consistent good signal.

I have high speed cable internet (Roadrunner) through Time Warner, my cable company. Its very fast and I get my digital cable, internet, and digital phone service all for $100/mo. I had tried satellite in the past, but it didn't last long. I had a bunch of trees around my house everywhere and was just never able to get a consistent good signal.

I have the same thing, called prarie wavew here. I was stuck with dial up for years in Texas, it bites the big one. We had wireless in town but I would have needed a $600 tower to get a shot at their dish, plus the $150 box.

Latest posts

Back