Im Stuck in Granny low...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Twister

A few years back I drug this beast out of one of the local fields here in so cal. Its a 40'ish Ford COE. I was going to make into a regular car hauler when I relized I didnt have a place to park a giant rig like that. So I decided to make it into P/U parts chaser for the shop. With the addition of a 5th wheel hitch it should get the job done as well as beeing able to park it in a regular sized spot.

I got out the plasma and used a donor Trans am as its complete drive train... even the drive shaft. I built a frame, chopped the roof 3 inches, channeled it 12 inches. and roughed everything in including the home built bed.

I havnt worked on it for a few years now and Im wanting and needing to get it up and road worthy. Im thinking about loosing the wheels and going with steelies and beauty ring, finishing the bed, throwing a cummings 6 in it and some side stacks.

Here lies the question...
What else does this thing need that Im not seeing? How far should I go with it? I did some photo shop work to it and made it flat black but I dont like it. Any help seeing this thing through different eyes would be appreciated.

coeoriginal2.jpg

coenewbed.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

try some red oxide style color on it...or maybe-heaven forbid-something in a shiney color:eek:...the wheels really don't look bad to me....but for a change try something like the factory silver rallies
well just my opinions....but i should also add that what 55 said is also an option-just the way it is........:cool::cool:

that is one good looking truck, i really like how u did the bed.. it looks great

Good looking rig! I think Bonehead said it best,,,, What ever else you think it needs is up to you... I think it looks good the way it is.

Thunder1

Kool truck!!! I love flat red oxide bodies & flat black fenders & think the truck would look kool like that!

BoB

Nice looking truck, MT. I agree with you that flat black don't do it on that truck. Actually, I think it looks good as is.

The truck looks great just the way it is - but hey - it's yours - so you can do what ever you want and if some one dosen't like it - well?.

Latest posts

Back