Indiana Salvage Yard Going!...Going!...Gone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onemintcaddy

This just came to my email on a auction:eek:

B rewer Auction Service will conduct an absolute auction of a long-term salvage yard located in Mitchell, Ind., on November 17. The auction will offer more than 270 vehicles dating back to the early 1900s, along with parts, farm equipment and scrap metal. Several vehicles parked in a shed with an unstable roof have yet to be identified, due to the danger involved of entering the building.

Among the vehicles to be offered for sale include a Mitchell touring, a pair of V-12-powered Lincoln Zephyrs, sheet metal from several ’32 Ford two-door sedans, what is thought to be a customized Muntz Jet, several Ford Skyliner retractable hardtops, a trio of ’57 Thunderbirds, vintage Indian motorcycle, a trio of mid-’30s Ford coupes as well as old school buses full of parts including brass radiators, antique headlights, steering wheels and more.

A preview of the auction items will be held on November 16 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Hear is the link to the photos. WAY TOO COOL !!
http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default.aspx?tabid=520&articleid=8615&articlemid=1519#1519Articles

Indiana, huh? Roadtrip?:D
Probably not but I would love to get out there and have a walk/look around.

I always hate to see these stories about old yards closing. At least this one is having an auction and giving folks a chance to get some things without them going straight to the crusher like we so frequently see...

Jay

Latest posts

Back