Info needed on cam driven fuel pump

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

I’m hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. As I’m building up a flathead for my 42 truck, I’ve decided I need another flatty for a alcohol injected slingshot. I want to run the mechanical fuel pump off the cam and have it mounted to the front cam cover. From what I understand it’s a not a big job for the pre 49’ flathead where since the distributor was run off the front. Does ANYONE know of a guy, who knows a guy that has information on setting this up for an 8BA flathead?

I call this uncommon place ;-) and they wanted $1500. Give me a break, I’m not trying to re-invent the wheel here.

Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sid

You may want to consider driving the fuel pump with a small belt running off a pulley adapted to the end of the crankshaft. If you must be period correct $1500 is probably what it will cost you!!

I'm not looking for period correct. Yes, I could go the belt driven route but I may want to add a supercharger one day.

Sid

Latest posts

Back