Info on my one oddball wire wheel?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.3Turbo_T

I've got a full set of, what I thought were '35 wire wheels. Upon closer inspection I notice one wheel (lower left) has 2 more sets of wires than the other 3. I want to try to sell them (not here, I've only got 18 posts) but not sure what the oddball belongs to. Any ideas?

P1010001_02.jpg

3 are Ford wire wheels and the fourth is a Kelsey Hayes bent spoke wire wheel for Fords. The KH wheels are very desirable wheels.
If you had 2 I'd buy them from you!

Last edited:
What he said. Yeah, if ya had a set of those instead of just one, you would have a really nice sought after set.

ebay that sucker -- maybe you can get yourself some WW for 2 of those other rims :)
someones gotta be out there with one thinking -- man i sure wish i had another one lol

i put a swamp cooler on ebay and didnt know people were even searching for them -- got like 300 for it -- and it was in the locked trunk of a car i bought lol
BONUS!

See how the long spokes of the K-H wheel each cross two other spokes, where the Ford spokes only cross one? That makes the Kelseys stronger, due to the longer angles involved. I prefer the look of the Ford wheels, too, though. On my flathead AV8 chassis they will be plenty strong enough.

I have some of the KH wheels, but they are buried right now in snow, I think I have some of the stock type too. There were 5 on a 29 Ford, between the two of us we may have a couple of matching sets. If ya want send me a pm and I'll look.

Latest posts

Back