Insurance Nightmare

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
Just opened the paper this morning and there is an article in the South Bay Daily Breeze about a car enthusiast suing Essential Car Insurance. His '69 Camaro, which was undergoing a restoration, was stolen from his driveway. Not only did his insurance company accuse him of selling the car and shipping it to Australia, they contacted the local P.D. to serve a search warrant at his house, looking for evidence and to having him booked for fraud.

The P.D. couldn't find any evidence so they released him O.R.. Turns out, the insurance company inspected the car 2 weeks after he supposedly sold it to Australia. :eek: Seems the company is trying to get out of paying. The car was insured for $85K. :eek:

Glad I don't have Essential :D

I have always claimed that insurance is government enforced theft. Think about it, what other industry does the federal government say you HAVE to have the services of? And they rip you off as often as possible

I have always claimed that insurance is government enforced theft. Think about it, what other industry does the federal government say you HAVE to have the services of? And they rip you off as often as possible

AMEN BROTHER!!
I hate insurance companys. I'm 61 yrs old, been paying for coverage since I was 15 and never filed a claim.

I could do a lot with all the money I've paid into thar slush fund!

Insurance is legalized gambling........You are gambling you might need it someday, the Insurance Co is gambling they can keep your money and never pay any out! And most of the time, the Insurance company wins the bet!

I guess I'm one of the people who have came out ahead with the insurance company's. For the most part anyways. My 93 cummins truck was totaled three times (got $6500 out of a $4000 truck and used it for about 300k), my 96 dodge cummins had over 5k in claims on it, and my 03 already has a $2500 claim. None of it was my fault and the 03 is the only one that I will ever fix. It's always been someone hitting me or a "act of god".

Insurance is legalized gambling........You are gambling you might need it someday, the Insurance Co is gambling they can keep your money and never pay any out! And most of the time, the Insurance company wins the bet!

Exactly, if it wasn't a better deal for them than it is for you, they wouldn't be doing it.

I once had a '72 Chevelle as a daily driver. I paid $1100 for it back around '79. It had 99K miles on it, 350/350 with a/c and a tow package. I put another 116K miles on it which leads me to believe the motor had been rebuilt before I bought it. Drove it for 5 years before it was totaled by a Datsun Z. The driver fell asleep at the wheel. Insurance paid $1500.

Just opened the paper this morning and there is an article in the South Bay Daily Breeze about a car enthusiast suing Essential Car Insurance. His '69 Camaro, which was undergoing a restoration, was stolen from his driveway. Not only did his insurance company accuse him of selling the car and shipping it to Australia, they contacted the local P.D. to serve a search warrant at his house, looking for evidence and to having him booked for fraud.

The P.D. couldn't find any evidence so they released him O.R.. Turns out, the insurance company inspected the car 2 weeks after he supposedly sold it to Australia. :eek: Seems the company is trying to get out of paying. The car was insured for $85K. :eek:

Glad I don't have Essential :D

I don't understand. He had it inspected 2 weeks before he sold it to Australia and then claimed it was stolen? What am I missing here? [S

Latest posts

Back