insuring your rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrod preacher

"Official RRR Chaplain"
may not be the right place to ask...but i would like to know if anybody else has had trouble getting insurance? my reg. company wants 400/yr for just a simple liability policy, hagerty seems to wonder if my truck is a "classic" or a piece of junk (my words not theirs) and all i'm really concerned with at this point is just enuf coverage to meet state requirements for a tag...

just curious-any advice? any other options?

I havent insured mine yet but im planning on insuring it using the title I have. But being that im in michigan they usually dont give you any problems.

I use Progressive. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and there are stipulations with most other companies that required me to be 200 miles from the Hurricane area (State Farm, Hagarty and Allstate). Plus I store my car under a carport which is another thing most other companies don't like. Progressive didn't really care they insured it for the price/value that I stated. I insured for liability, uninsured motorist and theft/vandalism.

I use Hagerty. They specialize in classic, special enterest, collectable stuff. Have my wifes 48 and my 64 Gmc full coverage $206 yr. for both. Those are both stock. My 26 roadster is $250yr. because its modified.

It is based on stated value. You tell them the amount and that's what is insured for and the premium is based on that dollar amount. You must provide pictures and vehicle cannot be a daily driver.

There are other companies also such as Grundy and Taylor. Check um out and take the best deal.

I insure all my cars through State Farm. The Daytripper & others have basic ins that is about $140 a year per car. My driver, a '65 Chevelle is fully insured & it of course, is a lot more!

BoB

I insured mine this year through American Collectors and I paid $161 for the year and were very easy to work with.

thanks!!

hey guys, thanks for all the info- we had asked hagerty but the lady on the other end was a little rude to my wife...after all of our checking and stuff, i decided to be "humble" and try hagerty again...the guy we talked to this time (yesterday evening) was polite and helpful...we should have insurance by saturday! i can't wait to take the mrs. for a "date" in the hotrod!!;)

once again thanks for all the help...

HRP

i got mine insured to state farm, it has full coverage (even glass) and i dont even have windows, they said its worth $10,500 and I pay $8.50 a month for insurance

Well, I'm just thinking :)eek:) You know how everyone has uninsured motorist on their policy? Well hey, that means I am covered, right? I mean if I am the uninsured motorist then everyone else has me covered. No problem.

Latest posts

Back