intake on inline 6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougnDog

Hey guys I have a question on a inline 6 manifold. I will be running a Offenhauser triple intake, with Ball and BALL singel carbs. the bottom of the manifold has a area for a heat riser plate. My plan is to fab a pocket at the junction of the 3 pipes and the collector on the front header. (see picture) Then run a flex pipe ( about 1 inch dia) up to A plate on the manifold. with the thought that the heat would help the gas to atomize better. I plan to drive this rod daily 365 days a year. I would like to know what you guys who have running inline 6's think:):) Good idea:) OR not needed:rolleyes::rolleyes: help me out here I need some opinions Thank You Doug P.S. for some reason the site will not let me post a picture. I hit the manage attachments button it takes me to my profile. BUT I think you guys will understand what I'm asking. their are pic's of the headers under DougnDog My build Thanks agine Doug

Were you going to run exhaust into the manifold to heat or just heated air? The exhaust would certainly be hot enough but I don't know what effects it will have on the Aluminum. I've heard that heated air is not enough. Langdons has plates with ports for water from the engine it wouldn't be hard to fabricate one.

Don

Don just the air, kind of like the heat risers that clip around the exaust pipe and run to the intake on some cars. I realy don't want to do water. thank for your input Doug

Hey Doug (and dog ;)), I have had no problems running with out the heat.
I was using an Edmunds 2X1 which has a tube run through it for water,
but never needed the heat and never hooked it up.
My current McGurk 3X1 has no heat provisions at all.
Of course this is running in a fairly warm climate where it doesn't get
too cold, running a stick tranny, and a light car.

Cold climate, heavy car, automatic could really change the need for heating. :(

The first thing I thought of from your post is the plate with water hookups,
I have seen them numerous places for sale and if I had to have heat, I would probably go with that.
Let us know what you come up with. '22

'22 thanks for the reply. I talked to a few guys around here, they said the same thing you did, so thats good enought for me, I'll run it without any heat and worry about it IF and when it act's up if ever. I value you guys opinions:D thanks a lot for your input.:) Doug

Latest posts

Back