International L122 B Binder Rat Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think its time i finally actually do the split windsheild and get rid of the cardboard and duct tape there now :)

Funds are a bit low right now, and i have a 4x8 piece of sheet metal and new tank of welding gas, so ill specd some time on that this weekend.......after i clean up the shop so i can walk around [cl

Photos to follow shortly after.

OH, and special thanks to Mr. Gusset for selling me 1/2 of a Allis Chalmers fuel tank.......for my air cleaner! [cl

Never really thought i would be excited to buy 1/2 a gas tank!!!
:D

Attachments

• scoopfront.jpg
    scoopfront.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 29
  • scoopleft.jpg
    scoopleft.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 24
  • scooprear.jpg
    scooprear.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 23
  • scoopright.jpg
    scoopright.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 21
Time to split the windshield

Well, I haven't had much $$$ to put towards the rat lately :(
And the cardboard and black duct tape stuck to the front of the truck HAS to go!

I went out and bought a few pieces of poster board and went to town.

Here's what I started with:
457033ef.jpg

df2fd30e.jpg

Factory look (except the chop of course):

986ffff5.jpg

Template for the window rubber edge:
edb8ff32.jpg

First piece in:
8cfe51b0.jpg

The build up:
82997a7d.jpg

Template for the outer piece:
35250d8a.jpg

All tacked in place:
6870ce22.jpg

All welded up. Need to fill the hole at the top from the chop and dress the welds at the bottom more, but you get the idea:
7307fe0d.jpg

Man, a few hours of that will wear a guy out! I don't see how people to that for a living ALL DAY LONG!!

.......Never really thought i would be excited to buy 1/2 a gas tank!!!
:D

Buying half a gas tank ain't no big deal :rolleyes: ............but being able to afford half a tank of gas, now that would be something :D The darn stuff is back up to $3.80 a gallon here :mad:

That tank will make a cool breather, I'm anxious to see how yours looks compared to Mr. Gusset's [P And I'm loving that split windshield [cl[cl At one time I was planning to do that with my Willys (see the T-Shirt pic I posted on my build thread) and looking at yours makes me want to revisit it again. :cool:

[P[P

very cool agree with sam.. we need a full cab shot to get a good look

Cool idea on the split! Can you give us a far away shot to see better?

very cool agree with sam.. we need a full cab shot to get a good look

am lovin this build! The split looks killer... would deff like to see a far shot of the truck with it.[cl

WOW! Looks great jmlc
Its Comin together bad.....as in the good bad way.:D. RR

I couldn't figure out what that made me think of - got it! Kinda like the front windows out of a 50's train.

That's one long Multi quote :D

I'm glad everyone likes it! I think it'll make a good conversation piece. Once I get it all blended in with the rest of the truck, it should looK like it was always there. Should throw a wrench into the thinking from the guys that are familiar with what the truck originally was.

Sam, it DOES look like the front of a train! I never thought of that! Pretty cool! I was even planning on running my wipers like trains too! Even better that I have a tiny little set of freight train horns that are going on it :)
5da2bd39.jpg

c665d47b.jpg

I'll get the truck in the driveway sometime and get a distance photo of it. Can't get too far away with it in the garage :)
f0e45e23.jpg

Words of encouragement from you all! Thanks!

I like the split windshield idea a lot! I was just wondering if you have sat in it and looked around. Does it seem to be a huge blind spot or is it not that bad? It would be rough to pull out of a driveway and look down the street only to have someone walk out in front of you and you hit them before you knew what happened. I like and and would keep it unless it's crazy hard to see blind spot. If it is you could always make it a little narrower.

Latest posts

Back