inverted radiator

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyT

Found these pictures on the web. Builder said he flipped the mustang radiator because it fit better. From the pic it does look like it fits better because the dog eared bottom tank tapers with the top of the grill shell.
How well does this set up work?

http://scootermcrad.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

Attachments

• DSC038001.jpg
    DSC038001.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC03935.jpg
    DSC03935.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC03915.jpg
    DSC03915.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 84
I'm thinking that hes overthinking this... now you have to weld up and move the filler or add a remote fill with a cap... seems like one step forward two steps back to me...

I agree, alot of extra work. I turned a "cross" flow into a "down" flow and used a inline filler that works well.
For just a little better fit seems like a lot of trouble to put in a drain,filler and may put the hoses nipples on the opposite side.

I'm doing this with mine.
I picked up a 2 core aluminum radiator from a neighbor and i have cut off the filler neck. Ill be tig welding a new filler neck on the "top" and filling the old hole. It'll be used to cool a SBC 350 so it should work.....i hope!
Ill let you know once i get the truck on the road this summer.
When i rotate the radiator, the hose inlets still line up so that's good!

217.jpg

Here's a Chevy universal aluminum I made into a Ford flathead radiator :)

IMG_6914Medium-1.jpg

IMG_6915Medium-1.jpg

IMG_6919Medium-1.jpg

I just got thru doing a Ford universal aluminum radiator for a buddy's 34 Pontiac with 326 in it, They work great and at half the price ;)

That all makes sense to me..... except the upside down Mustang radiator. [S Just not worth it - sell it and buy/make something more sensible.

Latest posts

Back