is it just me?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
If it is, Im ok with that. Does anyone else hate it when you are searching Ebay for old parts and anything to rusty to use is listed as "rat rod?" Have we as a group gotten so bad about our hoby that anyone that sees rusty and unsafe automatically thinks of us? If so, how do we recalim the truth that yes some of us like the patina of rust (not me, but some of us) but we strive for safety too?

The thing that gets me is when they take a 97 silverado and paint it flat black lower it then call it rat rod .. I mean c'mon your 07 impala aint a ratrod cuz you tricked it out with red rims

It's been like that for several years. It's just more prevelent now. They're just trying to hit as many potential customers as possible. Funny thing is there is a whole group that won't even bid because it says RAT ROD.

Personally, I don't drive on the 'information highway', I drive on the road, so I really don't get too upset with what's on the net. If real life were like the internet.... wow, that's scary!

Used to be Houston's Autorama wouldn't let u in if u're car was in primer. bout 4 years ago they started lettin' rats in & now this year the rat section was the biggest setion of the show. I do get a lil irritated when I search for rat rods on daBay & all these dang shiny things come up. It doesn't matter if they put rat rod in the title or key words... that's not what I'm lookin' for & is false advertising IMO. Of course daBay could care less so i don't go there nearly as much any more!

BoB

I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on Ebay and have been guilty of putting the RR words in there even when it didn't quite fit. The reason is exposure. It's a proven fact that if you put Hot Rat Rod in the description you will get more hits than if you don't. With limited space for a title you need to try to get your item in front of as many potential buyers as possible, and those three little words do the trick.

But I know what you are saying about every primered 80 Citation suddenly being a "Rat Rod." No, it isn't. It's just a lousy looking Citation.:D

Don

Latest posts

Back