is the LOVE BOAT allowed here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So all is good now?
Oil pressure looks good to me.

ran fine till i drove up our hill
buckin /misfirin/etc
i installed the ballast between the keyed switch and the coil.
i dont know if thats correct
my timing light wont pick up the groove
i got some white paint for it
try again tomorrow
btw
my switch is turn the key then push starter button

Are you Sure the float isn't too low?

enough fuel to idle but not take accel or going up an incline? Or other fuel related issue now....[S

I'm with Sarge.
If it will run smooth a at 1800 to 2000 RPM but spit and sputter under load when you mash the skinny pedal, I'd look at the fuel system.
Stay after it Bud.

i dont think that was it.
i disconnected it and gas was pouring through it (nuthin like a face full of fuel before breakfast)
the carb gets a healthy twin stream of fuel
and now it wont start period
looked at the distributor and all the contacts look ok to my untrained eye

Check and make sure you have spark at the coil and plugs, and that your points are firing. That resistor you put in might be bad, that might be why it was in the glovebox instead of on the truck.

Love the smell of Napalm in the morning...lol

sorry that you are having these issues...Bama might be right....but easy enough to bypass to eliminate it and try to start it...gravity could push out some fuel, but I'd put a pressure tester on the carb side of that line....just to be sure....it could be way under pressure and still allow the truck to fire and idle....hard to say when you aren't there to really look at it...but just back to basics...needs fuel air and spark to run...and in the proper proportions...lol...hope you get that worked out....but keep us advised....:D

sorry that you are having these issues...Bama might be right....but easy enough to bypass to eliminate it and try to start it...gravity could push out some fuel, but I'd put a pressure tester on the carb side of that line....just to be sure....it could be way under pressure and still allow the truck to fire and idle....hard to say when you aren't there to really look at it...but just back to basics...needs fuel air and spark to run...and in the proper proportions...lol...hope you get that worked out....but keep us advised....:D

found another points kit in the glovebox
gapped points at .017 and dwell was already 32 ish
Good thing the dwell is about right.
I couldn't get any of my hex wrench's to fit the screw
Tried shining a light in the hole to see what it takes.
No dice

seems to be running strong

a soccer mom tried to cut me off in traffic
i stayed in position
she eventually looked up and was staring at my lugnuts
sitting in my wifes car
the bumper is chin level

i found what i am painting on my bumper in lieu of unit codes etc.
6UL-DV8
and
3M TA3 - read it backwards, like in a rear view mirror..

Latest posts

Back