Is this angle ok?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyT

Is the angle of the batwings too excessive for the the spring pivot? The shackle plates are slightly fanned which seems to help reduce stress. Or am I just be fooling myself.

Attachments

• 163 - Copy.jpg
    163 - Copy.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 164 - Copy.jpg
    164 - Copy.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 75
I have seen worse, that seemed to work okay. From the picture it looks like the shackle is binding a little, maybe it is the picture.

No, that isn't bad at all. You can buy angled spring perches to take some of that bind out of the shackles, they are something like a 5 degree angle.

Don

It appears like the batwings already had angled spacers welded in them or the perches had 5 degrees in them. The Batwings and perches i bought from the old Total Performance had 5 degrees in both of them and lined up perfectly to my spring on a narrow frame.

Yep

Looks ok to me.....What is the bushing material?

And to Bruno...the Ol Lady and I have tickets to see Bob Seeger the end of this month and Joe Walsh is opening up the show for him...I'll be smoker than drink'd for that one...
Marijuana is LEGAL here in Washington State. For those who imbibe....it's kinda nice smoking a fattie and then dreaming up **** while looking at your Rat!
later

Latest posts

Back