is this traditional or a rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneo4116

didnt realize so many restrictions,wanting to go to humbolt or symco this year,but heard no billet,my valve covers are billet and my air cleanner,heard they wont even let you into these places,also runnin 345/16s on rear heard no 16s allowed,dont know what do you guys think,also have 32" lokar chrome shifter now just added,thought my car was a rat rod,now really dont know ,also runnin a 1972 350 motor heard this might not be allowed,so what are you thoughts.:confused:

Attachments

• !Bn6gQ3g!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-CEEt67+E4dFBLlZtcsjr!~~_12.jpg
    !Bn6gQ3g!Wk~$(KGrHqEH-CEEt67+E4dFBLlZtcsjr!~~_12.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 256
  • !Bn6gS3QB2k~$(KGrHqYH-CYEts)V52JLBLlZtmC+Y!~~_12.jpg
    !Bn6gS3QB2k~$(KGrHqYH-CYEts)V52JLBLlZtmC+Y!~~_12.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 214
  • !Bn6gTz!CGk~$(KGrHqYH-EQEtu!hW!pMBLlZtqCNqw~~_12.jpg
    !Bn6gTz!CGk~$(KGrHqYH-EQEtu!hW!pMBLlZtqCNqw~~_12.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 228
  • !Bn6gUtw!mk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEttKwzG)qBLlZtt18Cg~~_12.jpg
    !Bn6gUtw!mk~$(KGrHqYH-EIEttKwzG)qBLlZtt18Cg~~_12.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 191
  • !Bn6gZ4wB2k~$(KGrHqMH-CUEuN4MRrlZBLlZuFcc,g~~_12.jpg
    !Bn6gZ4wB2k~$(KGrHqMH-CUEuN4MRrlZBLlZuFcc,g~~_12.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 180
Neither, I would call it a hotrod...a very nice one in fact. I'm in about the same boat and I built mine to my liking and if that keeps me out of some of the mega shows so be it.

IMO, that's a traditional STYLE hot rod. So what. It's way cool. If you wanna get satisfaction outta that car, drive it. You'll get all the attention you want out on the street. Don't worry 'bout not getting into shows. Change what you want, but don't try to fit into some category, it won't get you anywhere in the end.

Rules

It's the same with the Ratrod Rumble here on April 24! No late model engines?????? What is rodding about, hot OR rat? Modified, souped up,?? I got rust and junkyard parts but some people say mine's not a ratrod..........go figure. Who makes these "RULES" anyway?[S[S

Shakey:confused::mad:

It's the same with the Ratrod Rumble here on April 24! No late model engines?????? What is rodding about, hot OR rat? Modified, souped up,?? I got rust and junkyard parts but some people say mine's not a ratrod..........go figure. Who makes these "RULES" anyway?[S[S

Shakey:confused::mad:

They're probably related to vintage car restorers. ;)

Well, I'm sorry to have to say but your car really doesn't look much like a "RAT ROD" to me, It looks more like a fine piece of HOT RODDING HISTORY. WOW, [dr What a nice car!!! I'm with earthman, Go early and see if you can park right beside the registration tent! Too many of these bigger shows are getting really fussy about what they let in and what they don't. Maybe someone should start a show for all the rejected ones and call it " The Show for MISFIT TOYS!" We could have our own set of rules like.........No paint jobs over 1000 bucks and no chrome wheels and no billet parts All vehicles must include 1 skull or Spider web stuff like that............What do ya say?[cl

If an organization wants to have a run with rules and limitaions to keep in the spirit of what they want, then so be it. If your car doesn't fit in, well it just doesn't. That is a nice car and one to be proud of. I agree, it's just a hotrod. I would not look at it and think "ratrod" though. If all you had to do was throw on a different set of valve covers and air cleaner and you really want to go, how hard would that be?

unless they look like total crap and are falling apart sitting still (ratrod)[P

i call em all hotrods.
i am starting to get so i dont even care about car shows.
too much bickering and making up labels for everything.

lets see how much trouble this post gets me into.......;)

We just started a club in Ontario called the LOSERS because of all the political B.S. at shows and cruise nites theses days. WHEN YOU CANT WIN THEM ALL YOU MUST BE A LOSER:D

Get there early, park right outside next to the fence. See how many people enjoy looking at you car and you won't be paying anyone $35 for the privilege. [cl I'm enjoying just looking at the pix. :)

Eman, that's the perfect response and solution!!..CR

Ok I have to rant. These show that are keeping cars out because they do not meet there requirements just gets to me. I can see having a year cut off and no stocker in a rod and custom show. But now you are see it at local cruises that are making rules about what cars are aloud.

My rant is. If we do not all stick together there my not be a hobby to enjoy. Think about that. It is just what the anti car people want. The Art of war. One way to defeat your enemy to to keep them divided with in.

My rant part two.

There was another show that they had a cut off year which I had no problem with it because it was a rod show. But there the part that got me The motor had to be newer then 1963. Now if it had a flathead or an early Hemi they were not aloud. it. Weren't they the motors that started the hotrod world.

There is a local cruise starting up this year that has a cut year of 1964. It a place I stop at often to eat and I ask them about it. They said that the rules and if you don't like it don't show up. So I said OK no problem I can go some were else to eat and walked out.

Ok some day I get lazy and like to take my 2003 Harley edition F 150 and some of the people that I go to cruises with have are 1969 Camaro, 1969 Vette, 1966 Fairlane, and a 2010 Mustang Hurst edition. There is another cruise that same night that is big and you need to get there early so I guess we will be going there. They have better food anyway.

So lets stick together and embrace the car and people that that are in the hobby but not doing it are way. Lets be better then the other guys.

Sorry just had to rant.

Well if you must put a label on it, it's a Street Rod. Too many new newer modern parts to be a "Traditional" and too nice to be a "Rat Rod".

They are all "Hot Rods". It's a great looking car just enjoy it and don't worry about labels.

Ratrod Rumble here on April 24! No late model engines??????

Seems they are also confused as to what a rat rod is! :confused:

unless they look like total crap and are falling apart sitting still(ratrod)[P

I call em all hotrods.
...lets see how much trouble this post gets me into.......;)

If it looks like crap and is falling apart sitting still,.....and you're proud of that.... yours might be a rat rod! :D:D

Seems they are also confused as to what a rat rod is! :confused:

If it looks like crap and is falling apart sitting still,.....and you're proud of that.... yours might be a rat rod! :D:D

well
nobody has kicked me in my cybernads yet.
so it must be ok....;)

Latest posts

Back