It hurts to get old

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been dealing with a sore shoulder for 10 months now. Did physical terapy for 3 months with a slight improvement. Had a steroid shot Thursday. Still no good effect. I'm thinking surgery is in my future. Just hate to be taken out of the building game for some months while the darn thing heals.
If I can shift the dragster and get in and out of it, I'll probably wait til fall.

try looking into serrapeptase.
it thins the blood so there are warnings if you are already on a blood thinner.
Well actually it dissolves dead proteins like scar tissue, fibroids etc while not interpering with proteins being utilized by living cells.
It's prescribed to aid in scar free healing after surgeries.
it's over th ecounter.
It is an enzyme isolated from the stomach of the silk worm. it's what it uses to digest it's cocoon. it's been in use in Europe for about 20 years now. Im trying it to see if it helps clear up old work related and sports type injuries that restrict my movement. i seem to be regaining some flexibility from it.
I also had a lockjaw or rigor mortise like inflexibility in my muscles caused by vitamin d deficiency which vitamin d supps help me with.
for energy... Ltyrosine is a hormone precursor. your body uses it to make adrenaline, thyroxin, pituitary hormone, nerotransmitters... if you feel a form of biological tired that sleep is not fixing like you poop out too early L Tyrosine may increase your stamina
I was suffering metabolic disorder. low body temp, low metabolism, weight gain...
I'm taking an iodine supplement called Atomodine recommended by Edgar cayce.
My body is running warmer at 98.6 and not 96.8 like it was. I'm losing weight, i have more energy and I can work out in the cold and be cold in the limbs without losing core temperature and getting the chills and hypothermia.
never underestimate a good balanced multi vitamin at the minimum dosage Amway double xx vitamins are fantastic.

After suffering gout from driving3-4 hrs at a time without going pee and refraining from proper hydration so i wouldn't have to...and caffein abuse... I was suffering from inflammation in my connective tissues... compounded by vitamin d deficiency.
Inflammation is triggered by histamines in the immune system.
I have noticed that if I am hurting and a double first dose, then recommended dose of antihistamines make it go away that I am most likely suffering from auto immune issues either causing the injury, triggered by uric acid crystals (gout) or something related to my psoriasis.
gout attacks used to put me doen for several days to a week.
When I feel one coming on I superhydrate while avoiding caffein then when I'm free of caffeine I use just a little to stimulate urination while I go through a cycle of hydrate, recline and elevate, and evacuate.
this helps your kidneys bring down the uric acid in your blood at which point th ecrystals in the connective tissues will dissolve and the swelling will go down.
I use antihistamines while doing this. i avoid them so i do not get used to them. this way they work when you take them.

I get the gout attacks from over working and stressing my kidneys in the first place so letting them rest is also part of my rigor

It's also important to move around enough on a regular basis to pump the poisons out of your muscles so the kidneys can clear them.

your kidneys clear your blood most effectively when lying down. make sure you drink enough water to have to get up in the middle of the night and also drink water before you go back to bed.

these are what have been most effective for me

I have gotten gout attacks in my shoulders, in my finger knuckles, in my elbows and also where muscles and ligament connect to bone
I have had gout attacks or psoriatic arthritis (like rheumatiz) flare up in a tissue or muscle group or damaged joint within a few days to a week after incurring an injury
If your muscles lock up on you getting really stiff after using them.. like if your arm lacks up when holding something in the store for 5-10 minutes and wont straighten out... this is most likely a result of low vitamin d so are muscle spasms which also could be a result of low sodium, low potassium or calcium or even a result of high levels of serotonin from taking a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, anti depressants, or even being sleep deprived
Serotonin which trips biological triggers is countered or damped by dopamine which relaxes the trigger.
too much serotonin and it becomes difficult to control one;s thoughts, one's imagination, even leads to halucinations where you actually start seeing in the minds eye what you are thinking of or imagining.
Ever been driving too long, remember something, think of something like a sweetheart or your hotrod and for a moment observed that scene play out translucently before your eyes as if you were looking into 2 worlds?
Your not seeing it with your eyes what is happenign is th eserotonin in your brain is so juiced that the visual center begins to have difficulty seprating what your eyes are seeing, from what you are thinking. At a certain point you just lose your perspective of reality and get lost in it, this is partially what happens to meth zombies or when a coke addict "whigs out"
I’ve done a little drugs in my past and I've also gone too long without sleeping so I have this experience base to realize what's going on when it happens.
When I'm driving and I start seeing what Im thinking of it's time to clear my head sing a song or something slap myself in the face and get to the next exit for a cat nap. A good half hour or so nap when you totally let go and let that sleep urge overtake you is enough to clear some of the serotonin and other neurotransmitters from your blood so you can think and operate clearly.

When all this necessary stuff builds up in you and your body needs to recapture and download it...your brain senses this and starts pumping out hormones that begin to shut down the brain.
This is made in the lower rear portion of the brain near the spine which is why it seems like a dark area or brain fog starts there. sometimes it feels like a roadblock or a stumbling stone because this part of your brain is actually starting to shut down and go dark.
not enough sleep and critical parts of the brain go to sleep even though yu may be on your feet and appearing awake.

The part of the brain effected by fatigue is th eexact same part o fth ebrain effected by alcohol.
before I knew this I always described how tired I was by how I would feel based upon X many beers downed in an hour "2 beers tired" or "5 beers tired"

Physical health, fitness, tactical ability, stamina, endurance, flexibility, well being...it's all connected
one or a few things out of balance can throw it all off

Last edited:
Being Sore ~!

[/COLOR]
Yea Fellas It sure make ya Wonder What the Golden years are all about. I think the folks that wrote about the golden years were in there 30s Just Wondering or Hoping what they thought it was gonna be like. I just hit 60 and It takes a good fight every morn to get out of Bed . My Dad is 87 and he tells me it gets worst by the year . Well it just something to look forward to I GUESS ! It 's Got to Be better than Pushing up Daisies .... Keep it up Folks !

YIKES! yo torch
take it easy eh?
i know all about thinking i can do stuff without consequences.
i did a bit of lifting the past two days
and now i can barely move.
but crap
this stuff aint gonna do itself
and my gal sure as hell cant do it.
and i dont see anybody else around.

I am pretty much anti-doctor. They are pill pushers and generally do nothing to address how we got to be like we are, just medicate the symptoms. All good health begins in the gut. Getting it healthy is the beginning of treating ailments, not pumping the patient full of antibiotics, which does just the opposite.
You have to keep in mind that their income stream is from people being treated, not cured.

My dogs are killing me ....

Attachments

• feet hurt.jpg
    feet hurt.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 35
Torch,
Anyone that can use that many words at one sitting has no worries of meeting St. Peter any time soon ... if so.... you will be able to delay the inevitable until you answer his question....:D
Oldog

I'm not driving otr al the time. im working for a staffing agency doing the variety show trucking.
I want to start another construction business. I also need to stay driving some to keep my employability up in case I must go over the road.
OTR driving didnt have much of a negative effect on me until I bought a truck and went from being gone 240 days a year to being gone in the truck 340 days a year
That's what really messed me up

I'm not driving otr al the time. im working for a staffing agency doing the variety show trucking.
I want to start another construction business. I also need to stay driving some to keep my employability up in case I must go over the road.
OTR driving didnt have much of a negative effect on me until I bought a truck and went from being gone 240 days a year to being gone in the truck 340 days a year
That's what really messed me up

I guess use of this info depends on your location . My bro in law who is 79 and still driving make over 100 grand a year . He is home almost every night , gets paid by the hour and spends 1/2 of his time sitting , either waiting to get loaded or unloaded . He hauls water in the PA fracking fields . Only needs a class B CDL .He has been an otr truck driver his whole life and this job by far is the easiest one he has ever had .

(Golden years ) Thats when you got that golden stain on the front of your britches , and you either dont know it or you just dont care anynore :D

Latest posts

Back