It just hopped on the trailer...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Little guy looked kinda lost and jumped on the trailer at a stop light. (Who am I kidding, we don't have stop lights out here!)[cl

It used to be mine 9 years ago. bought it, sold the drive train, was in it $0 when I traded it to a trans guy for a TH400 with a brake. he later gave it to a good friend of mine for some work he did. now it is back to my shop for a 5.3L LS motor, TH350, finish the cage and do some sheet metal work all to settle a 12 year old debt. (I did say he was a good friend!)

Attachments

• vega.jpg
    vega.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 150
nice

cool, that will be a fun ride.

l had several V-8 & V-6 chevy vega's and pontiac astra's in my time, power to weight ratio is great.

is the unibody tied up with frame connectors? even if ya put in a cage, they help a lot.

if not you maaaay want to do that, when l was young and unlearned, l twisted one up with a snotty little 350.

Later ..:cool:

I like them a lot. I was building one until I recently decided it would take way too long and way too many dollars to save it. I am now in the process of selling off all the parts for it and scrapping the shell.

I am just going to keep looking for a solid example to start out with.

Do one of you guys have an ad out on CL in NH looking for a hood?

Keep going, and post up the end result!

This one is very solid. Was a 1/8 miler for a long time. Sat in the corner of a shop for nigh on to 11 years. Then in my shed for 3, trans guys shop for a couple and now back around. [cl

SKULL - Yes the subframe will be tied into the back half and the cage. [;)

Dr. - Lol! Same guy that did mine and used to own this one. It will be going into the TH350 for this one. He had an S-10 blazer he was doing so this one had to go. [P

My first car was a '77 Vega. The oil-burner lasted about a month, then I put in a 327... Took me FOREVER...:( Of course, I was only 17 @ the time. Drove it twice with those little skinny 13" tires, scared the crap out of myself and sold it.:eek:

With all the crap I've found on the internet, I'd love to build another one. This time, BIGGER TIRES! I've still got the GT cluster I never put in the first one, so I guess I've got a head start on parts.;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back