It's Shaggy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANIELSCHOEN

I Got A 79' Camaro, But Wanna Build A Fugly Rat Rod, I Have A Z28 Drivetrain, But Wanna Put The Lt1 Vette Engine (it Was Supposed To Be Put In The Camaro) In The Rat...has Anyone Done This Yet If So?? Pics?? I Basically Am Heavily Tattooed And Love This Type Of Car Culture, Wish I Was Raised In It, But My Dad Was Pretty Much Square While I Was Growing Up. My Mom Worked At A Salvage Yard. I've Been Customizing (waisting Money) On Cars Since I Was Probably 23 Or So...mostly Late Model Vehicles, I Just Started Getting Into The Pre 50' Era Cars Here Lately. Anyways Figured I'd Intro Myself Like It Says On Here....take Things Easy...btw I've Never Built A Rat Rod Though I've Been Wanting To For A Few Yrs Now. A Friend's Brother Has One, He Said It Has A Suicide Front End? Can Someone Explain This To Me?

Welcome to the forum. A suicide front end is where you put the spring behind the front axle, as opposed to it being on top like early Fords were done from the factory. Got it's name because if the spring breaks it drops directly to the ground instead of the axle being in the way to catch it.........so..........suicide.:eek::D

I don't personally know of any cases of this happening, but the possibility is there. I am running it on two of my cars like that, and both my Son's also have suicide setups on their cars.

Here are ours for an example for you.

Don

Attachments

• t install painted front end parts 011.jpg
    t install painted front end parts 011.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 13
  • dodge front end after tie rod turned around.jpg
    dodge front end after tie rod turned around.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 11
  • dons t more assembly 001.jpg
    dons t more assembly 001.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 13