Jay Leno rolls Hemi Under Glass!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Hove you seen the commercials for the new season of Jay Leno's Garage where he rolls the Hemi Under Glass!?! I'm hoping that was a replica!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Yeah, that commercial kinda made me cringe. That show was a smart idea by Leno - a he gets to go around and drive legendary cars that he can't buy. And gets paid to do it!

I like Leno but sometimes he's a bit of a smart a$$

some of his "jokes" really are not that funny....but the rides he gets to display are some killer stuff....I actually got to sit in the Hurst Hairy Olds with Linda Vaughn once....one of the pic's my ex wife burned in the driveway....being a GM guy I preferred that one...:D...sorry, I digress... :D

some of his "jokes" really are not that funny....but the rides he gets to display are some killer stuff....I actually got to sit in the Hurst Hairy Olds with Linda Vaughn once....one of the pic's my ex wife burned in the driveway....being a GM guy I preferred that one...:D...sorry, I digress... :D

Was that the 66-67 442 with twin 455s? I think I had a model of that when I was a kid.

Yes sir....that's the one...

Was that the 66-67 442 with twin 455s? I think I had a model of that when I was a kid.

67 with two 455 olds Toronado front wheel drive set ups...one front one rear...and of course some Mondello enhancements to the motors.... :D

Ya gotta love EX- wives:mad::mad:;)

"Bob Riggle brought out his 1969 Hemi Under Glass to Irwindale Speedway for the show. For some unknown reason, instead of running the car on the eighth-mile dragstrip, they decided to do a wheelie in the car on the oval track."

That's the dumbest thing I've heard recently.

Some years ago, we took our funnycar to the local oval track in support of their fundraiser/car show. Sooner or later, one of the organizers approached us and proposed we do a burnout on the straightaway. We considered it and had a good, hard look at the track... yeah, it's straight, but it's also banked... I don't think so, Bucky!

....being a GM guy I preferred that one...

I can imagine why. Is that a Hurst in your pocket?

Last edited:
"Bob Riggle brought out his 1969 Hemi Under Glass to Irwindale Speedway for the show. For some unknown reason, instead of running the car on the eighth-mile dragstrip, they decided to do a wheelie in the car on the oval track."

That's the dumbest thing I've heard recently.

Some years ago, we took our funnycar to the local oval track in support of their fundraiser/car show. Sooner or later, one of the organizers approached us and proposed we do a burnout on the straightaway. We considered it and had a good, hard look at the track... yeah, it's straight, but it's also banked... I don't think so, Bucky!

I can imagine why. Is that a Hurst in your pocket?

The stunt was on the infield of the oval track. Still not a great idea.

The stunt was on the infield of the oval track. Still not a great idea.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back