JB's 1927 Dodge Brothers build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's your car, do it however it suits YOU. BUT, seeing as you asked, My preference is for the higher mounting! You are doing very good work. Keep it up. perley

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I know not to mount them to the suspension or axle... It was the only place I could clamp them to have a look see... :)

I posted the pics for opinions, so keep them coming! I'm leaning towards the lower mounting....

Coming along nicely !! What is the wheelbase? Looks good !!
I re-read this and relised I never sent you a pic of my '27. It's complete and I hate to cut it up. It has the solid disc. wheels. and cowl light 'options'.
>>>Here it is and
then a rendering what I would like to do !!!??? But!!??

T & Dodge 010.jpg

T & Dodge 006.jpg

T & Dodge 004.jpg

Attachments

• T & Dodge 004.jpg
    T & Dodge 004.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 43
Thanks! Updates coming soon....

I just ordered some chromoly heim joints, air bags and some other misc. stuff.... And, I have two weeks off, here in a couple weeks!

I've been working on the DB again!

The rear suspension is done!
Ride height (there is about 2 or 3 more inches of "up" for speedbump mode... lol)
dodgebrothersvac_001.JPG

Aired out...
dodgebrothersvac_005.JPG

dodgebrothersvac_009.JPG

dodgebrothersvac_003.JPG

Also finished up the transmission crossmember...
dodgebrothersvac_014.JPG

Also got my radiatior... It's from Champion cooling systems. They are VERY reasonable and make lots of different sizes. This one is a "t-bucket" radiator and is 3 row, all aluminum. Came with the electric fan for just over $200 shipped!
dodgebrothersvac_012.JPG

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation... I'm going to pull the engine and transmission and put the torque converter in... Then, I'll try to get it fired up!
dodgebrothersvac_013.JPG

Very cool car. I like your front suspension, as I did one like that too.

Are you gonna put a roof on it?

Thanks fellas!

Yes, it's gonna get a full roof... And possibly a 2" or 3" chop... :)
I'm going to make the roof out of oak plywood... Router the outer edge so it's rounded and wrap it with padded vinyl. On the inside, I'll stain it and put some heavy clear on it. Should work out pretty good.

Latest posts

Back