JB's 1927 Dodge Brothers build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool as heck......

Nice job on the top...pretty amazing what you can put together to help you lift things....did the same thing with 4x4s to lift the bed off my pkup....works great with the cherry picker...car looks great man....

Well, I wasted the last two days...

I was thinking it would look good with the hood on it, so I spent the whole day (wednesday) extending the hood 12".... It came out pretty good... I'll post pics later.

I then spent most of the day yesterday, deciding that it looks MUCH better without the hood. One step forward, two steps back... lol

I'm working all weekend, so Monday and Tuesday, I'll get the shop cleaned up and get on the floor framing, now that I'm back on track... Driveshaft, brakes and steering and it will be ready for a romp around the block.... :)

Love love love this build! It's like someone took an old school front engine dragster, put 4 doors on it, chopped it, and is making it street legal, can't wait to see it on the road

never a waste of time...

Well, I wasted the last two days...

I was thinking it would look good with the hood on it, so I spent the whole day (wednesday) extending the hood 12".... It came out pretty good... I'll post pics later.

I then spent most of the day yesterday, deciding that it looks MUCH better without the hood. One step forward, two steps back... lol

I'm working all weekend, so Monday and Tuesday, I'll get the shop cleaned up and get on the floor framing, now that I'm back on track... Driveshaft, brakes and steering and it will be ready for a romp around the block.... :)

if you hadn't tried it you'd always think you should have......live and learn....[cl

I wouldn't say it is time wasted. You now have a hood that fits in case you decide to go back to it.

I've been sick for the past week, so I haven't made much progress... Feeling better now, so I'm gonna get back on it tomorrow!

I did manage to cut the driveshaft down and got a pretty good start on the tunnel and dash. I'll post some more pics in a couple days. JB

shaft.jpg

Nothing real exciting, but making progress on the tunnel...

tunnel1.jpg

tunnel2.jpg

I was surprised to learn that you can make pretty decent bends in square tube, with a round die, using a hydraulic pipe bender...
tunnel3.jpg

I ran out of welding wire and square tubing, so that's all until this weekend. JB

Thank you!

I'm getting excited, it is really starting to come together! A county Deputy came out today to do the required (for titling/plating a out of state vehicle) inspection... It went FANTASTIC! Paperwork is all signed and he said that he would probably be pulling me over when I get it done, to see how it turned out! lol

Todays project was the shifter. About the only "inexpensive" shifter I could find, WITH a reverse lockout, was the B&M Z-Gate. I was getting ready to buy one at the parts store when my buddy said he had one that he bought 10 years ago and never used..... $50 later and it was MINE!

Here's what I started with.
ResizedImage_1329615072482.jpg

Here's the finished product...
ResizedImage_1329618220849.jpg

2012-02-18_20-46-12_927.jpg

2012-02-18_20-45-45_247.jpg

nice work on the shifter.. that was one thing I insisted on having.. I know alot of guys drive around with out having gear lock outs but I think that is just asking for trouble

Thanks for the kind words fellas! I've been saving the big wrench for several years... I knew I would figure out something cool to make out of it...

I spent the rest of the weekend dispersing my tax return, and the parts should be rolling in, starting today.... I ordered 90%+ of the final pieces of the puzzle, so there should be regular updates from here on out.

Stay tuned, JB

WoooooHoooo!!!!

Thanks for the kind words fellas! I've been saving the big wrench for several years... I knew I would figure out something cool to make out of it...

I spent the rest of the weekend dispersing my tax return, and the parts should be rolling in, starting today.... I ordered 90%+ of the final pieces of the puzzle, so there should be regular updates from here on out.

Stay tuned, JB

NEW PARTS !!! GET R DONE![P[cl:D

Latest posts

Back