Jesse vs the Teutels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the saying goes - 'absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Sooner or later being paid for having people follow you around with cameras will go to almost anyones head, people start thinking they are actors, with yes men keeping egos puffed up to line their pockets too. Easy for average Joe's to get caught up in this fantasy and there's no shortage of people to tune into it. (I'm guilty too)
I try to glean some knowledge to apply to rod building from these shows, though it's always more about the human drama (and ever fascinating B.S.), I have to admit that if it has wheels, engines or mechanical whatever, I can't help watching this stuff - just keep the B.S. filter turned up on high....

Me exactly ZZ, just interested an any small amount of fab work done I might learn from!! And once in a while they'll build something not too bad!!

Well, remember it's just tv and 90% of the footage gets axed. So the producers all think we are idiots and drama and BS is what we want. I bet if you talk to anyone who really knows JJ, he isn't just the jerk you see on tv.
I remember back when Boyd Coddington was the guy we loved to hate. I met a couple guys who knew him well and they said he was nothing like the show portrayed him. They said he was a stand up guy that would go out of his way to treat you right if he knew you. I ask why then did he let the tv show portray him as a buffoon and they said he had signed a contract and that he basically didn't have any control over editing.
One thing I admired JJ for was bailing out of that dumarse Monster Garage show. I heard he hated the way it got to be and refused to renew the contract when it came up.

I didnt see it but to have any tutle sr. or jr in a contest with J.J. is a joke J.J. wether a jerk or not is a dieing breed, when he starts to build a bike he calls the steel place designs builds welds, does his own frame giomietry, developes a whole plan for a bike from scratch the number of guys that can do that with a welder and torch u could hold in your hand, Then he can ride his creation and did back in the day all over north and south america, occ is a joke part orderer's they design a bike by ordering other guys parts, the start the build by unwrapping there frame or it comes from the other building with million dollar's of equipment while thay decide what kind of spider web or stupid unneeded bolt on strout, or pointy spike to put on it they do not belong in the class, show, or even the same highway in my book....

I didnt see it but to have any tutle sr. or jr in a contest with J.J. is a joke J.J. wether a jerk or not is a dieing breed, when he starts to build a bike he calls the steel place designs builds welds, does his own frame giomietry, developes a whole plan for a bike from scratch the number of guys that can do that with a welder and torch u could hold in your hand, Then he can ride his creation and did back in the day all over north and south america, occ is a joke part orderer's they design a bike by ordering other guys parts, the start the build by unwrapping there frame or it comes from the other building with million dollar's of equipment while thay decide what kind of spider web or stupid unneeded bolt on strout, or pointy spike to put on it they do not belong in the class, show, or even the same highway in my book....

And if you don't believe that!! Just ask him!!

i thought it was funny when jesse said a jr or sr build began with a beep beep beep beep at the garage door.but it does take a lot talent to assemble parts and make it look right

Look how much money the network made!!!!

You forgot that senior built the company to start with and they did show Jr comming in late all the time and leaving anytime he wanted. But Jr has come a long way now and is doing some great build's on his own I think his bike was the best of the 3 also. SR built an A T V whats with that. DUH !!!!! [S

All I can say that these shows have done is made a bunch clowns out there that forgot what a real chopper are. (two wheel hacked up billboards are not chopper) And yes Jesse may be what he is but he can build a bike.

And all American chopper is anymore is a Drama soup opera

That struck me a little odd when JJ brought that up, because he built that copper bike, (or one of them) that had a one gallon tank when he had his show!!! Pot meet Kettle!!

The only copper bike I remember that he built was the one he rode with kid Rock and that must have had a bigger tank than a gallon.

They had a fully stocked support vehicle following them on that "epic ride".

They do on every ride[ddd

I got to finally watch this last night, I believe JJ has some very serious mental issues.

I liked the 3 wheeled contraption senior built but not for this show, I think he's right there with JJ on the mental issues.

Juniors bike was a grand slam, not a detail was missed[dr[cl

JJ's shop rocked as does his skills, seeing a flatbed bringing in raw stock and him turning it into a pretty nice bike was awesome. Notice I said "pretty nice" nothing too special. I really liked his table he was working on[dr

I kinda like the new Jr vs. Sr. show as there is less of the BS than before.

The only copper bike I remember that he built was the one he rode with kid Rock and that must have had a bigger tank than a gallon.

Yeah I said or one of them, I was pretty sure it wasn't that bike, but they were all about the same!!
The copper bike was probably my favorite one he built!! Probably why I remembered it!!

i would like to see a build off between just the three of them. where they had to fabricate everything. i bet at the end ther would only be 1 finished bike. the thing to remember is all the shows are soap operas the people are acting they have scripts that the writers have wrote.

Jesse seems to be a very skilled metal worker and welder, that can't be taken away from him. But, from hanging around these forums, I find there are thousands of guys who are just as talented, if not more. If you look at some of the rolling metal art some of them crank out it is just astounding. There are a few guys I can think of on various forums who do things with metal that I can't even begin to describe.

My take on Jesse, for what it is worth, is that he is a very troubled man. I understand his relationship with his family was not all that good growing up and his sour attitude pretty much reflects that. At times a decent side of him peeks through, like when he is with his daughter or an animal, so the man is not 100% bad. But the other side of him is pretty ugly IMO. He views himself as an outspoken outlaw rebel and the things he voices about other people pretty much bears that out. Most people who have to run down other people to make themselves look good are very insecure inside, and his inability to maintain a solid relationship with any woman confirms that.

Yes, it is TV, but I think we got to see enough of his true personality on shows like Monster Garage and this latest show to figure out that he isn't acting that way for effect.........a lot of it is the way he really is, and to me that is a rude, arrogant, immature man who just happed to gain some celebrity because of his skills and being in the right place at the right time. I think his 15 minutes of fame may be on the 14th minute and the clock is ticking. As much as he said he hated the drama an phoniness of the Monster Garage TV world, he sure was anxious to jump right back in there and regain some of the fame he once had when this opportunity came at him.

Does my opinion of him add up to a hill of beans? Probably not, but whenever someone elects to come into my home via the TV screen that gives me the right to have an opinion of that person and talk about them.

Don

donsrod Well written.

My outlook of the whole bike show stuff is there are a lot of people out there that do not know what a real choppers are. I know I been to shows with my old school style bikes and these clowns all decked out in there new OCC or other clothing trying to tell me my bikes are not chopper then go on to say that those two wheel hack up rolling billboards are real choppers. If they did not watch those soup operas they would have no idea what a bike is.

Real chopper have been around a lot longer before those show and will be around a long time after those shows are gone. We just got to put up with the Want-to bes for now.

Oh and my best friend was at that build off. She said that if it would have been all real bikers there Jesse would have won. She said that bike was was a work of art and needs to be seen in person.

Latest posts

Back