Jimmy '36

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while

Howdy all,
I hadn't realized it had been so long sence my last update...wow.

Made some progress this last spring and got the engine running. I was planning on firing it up again here soon and will get a video and link to Youtube for it.

I also have some new pics that I'll try to post once I get them off my other PC.

Later,
Mike

Mike , Thanks for bringing your build thread back to life , I would love to see all you have done . I really like the intake and pipes you made , looks cool ! give us an update !!

July 2010 update!

I don't have new pics yet but they are coming. After a long time away from my project & the distraction of another project I drug home, my bud Jeff has kicked me back in the right direction.

I finally found an inexpensive 5-speed for my engine. Now on to finishing the floor pans. Built the new body mounts and aligned the doors at the same time this week. I'll start fitting the new floor pans and toe boards maybe starting in the next day or two. [;)

As soon as I get that done I plan on installing the bear claw latches.

Stay tuned....

Mike

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

here's a pic of my latest Craigslist score, '32 Chevy grill & rad. for $75 bucks!!!

075.jpg

My girlies & I @ Cool Desert Nights car show.
027.jpg

026.jpg

[P
enjoy,
Mike

Todays progress

Did some work on the cowl and floor structure today. I had to remove the bottom 4"... damn wood subrails! Hope to have the floor DONE by next week.

I may have to start the engine again to re-up my spirits though.[ddev

Jimmy36004.jpg

Jimmy36002.jpg

Jimmy36001.jpg

Jimmy36005.jpg

Not much progress since my last post but I have built a new permanent transmission cross member and had the lower radiator outlet swapped to the passenger side. Still got plans to have it moving under its own power by summer. :)

Sold

Well, I sold her.

Didn't get as much as I would have liked but she went to a good home of a long time drag racer and first time rat rodder.

That sucks........

It is never a good thing when you have to sell your toys. At least it is going to some one who will finish it and enjoy it.

The guy I bought mine from is one of my good friends and you could tell it was hard for him to let go of it. He told me the other day that he was glad I finished it and that it is better than he pictured it. Maybe you will feel the same when it is all done.

Latest posts

Back