Junkyard springs for a 52 F1?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam f

Hey guys, I am planning out the rear suspension build of my 52 F1. The rear springs are rusted badly and don't seem to move at all. So I was thinking of getting "new" springs. Are there any junkyard donors that would bolt up to my 52? I'm going to do a Z in the rear, and I want the truck low. Something not so stiff. I guess I could pull a few leafs to make it softer. Just wondering if any donors are out there with the same length.

+2 on modifying your frame to fit. One of the cool parts of a rat rod build is not just finding parts that will fit, but also making the parts you find fit! Hope that's not too confusing. [S

I don't know if this helps but Suzuki Samarai leaves are 2" wide and about 40" long loaded. A nice length if you're going to shorten the back half.

hangers on a 52 arw narrow , late model springs will be to wide, i use car trailer springs , they are the same width as the early stuff! but shorter they work well for bobbin a truck check a tractor supply store they sell them new for around 26 bucks, and can get different ratings for them,

OK, I'm diggin deeper into this as I'm getting started on the frame. All the trailer springs they had at TSC were super short. I'm going to go to the pick and pull and get some springs, I was just wondering if any of you have used a certain donor truck? F150? Ranger? S10? Anyone have any measurements?

Latest posts

Back