Just ask about art?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)I know this is the place to say hi to everybody. So I was hoping to just say hi and ask if you like Rods as art. I mean aren't they just so nice to look at? The rust, the history, the work that went into them. I just love old Rods. [P

Real hot rodding is true art - there are no rules.

EDIT: I'd expand on that but I wanna go work on my car!

Now that is funny.

Real hot rodding is true art - there are no rules.

EDIT: I'd expand on that but I wanna go work on my car!

Did you ever see that Kids in the hall show were the two potheads were talking if it is on the wall is it art? That was so 80's funny. Thank you for taking a few sec's to talk art. [ddd Now go back to making it. [ddev

Cars definately are art, at least the old ones are. I often wonder if the guys designing the 20's through 60's cars had any idea what they were designing would endure so long. So many of the classics were works of art when they were original and we have just improved on that design.

Art!

I get negative feedback all the time about wanting to build a rat by people who like "shiny" cars. It never ceases to amaze me that they can't see the artistic value of decades of rust and old age?? :confused: To me, there's nothing more visually expressive about a car or truck that has endured all it has and will live again as an artistic testament to the inginuity and imagination of the builder.

My son has a bumper sticker that's say's "You stare at me because I'm different - I stare at you because your all the same" It's the same thing here. [cl

People need to learn to expand their minds and see beyond what we're all taught in just appreciating bright new shiny things. Why do millions of people love antiques? Because they have age and tons of character! Bright and shiny can be very cool I agree, but old and well worn bring balance to the automotive world. They become a rolling history lesson because we leave alot of their patina and parts in rust. Bright and shiny rods lose their character pretty quick to me because most street rods and hot rods are just cookie cutter rods nowadays. It's boring as hell when all you see are the same colors, the same engines, the same aluminum parts, the same chrome, etc... There's nothing that says "unique" and vintage because it's all new digital gauges and chrome. Why do the most neglected and abandoned vehicles make our eyes open wide when we see one? Because they say something to us about their endurance to withstand what's happened to them. We honor that by putting them back on road as a way to say - look at this, it's old and decayed but it's a survivor, it's cool, and I made it possible. Thank God we live in America where you can express your individual artistic expressions to the world! [cl[cl

Thunder

Of course its art.

A couple of my favorite things about my truck ('38 Diamond T) is the 50-70 year old paint and pin striping. It also has some info that was scratched into the inside ot the cab 50+ years ago. Think I'll sand it off and make it shiny? Think again.

Latest posts

Back